Not enough hours in the day

tygercub82
on 10/15/12 12:44 am - TX
RNY on 01/13/12 with
I am having it rough. I have been working a full time job, a part time job, going to school and being a wife and mother to a 3 1/2 yr old. Needless to say I have let taking care of myself go and am fed up with it and myself!!!!
My husband is looking for a job and going to school. he had 2 interviews thursday!!(prayers please)
Back on topic, I have been taking my vitamins but I have not been eating correctly. I know what I need to do was just wondering if anyone else has been in my shoes with running around like a chicken with their head chopped off and what did they do to make sure they ate right??? I am finding it hard to find time to prepare food, and this is becoming my downfall. My scheldule is..
Mon- 7am-4pm work, 6-10:40p school
Tues- 7am-4pm work, 6-9:40p school
Wed- 7-4 work, 6:30-11 work
Thrus 7-4 work, 6:30-11 work
Fri- 7am-4pm work, 6-10:40p school
Sat work 8 hours shift
Sun work 8 hour shift.

Im not getting enough sleep which I know can cause poor weightloss.
I havent gained weight, I have stayed below 250, bouching between 245-249, which plateuing is normal for me. But I know I will not get out of it if I cannot find an easy way to get my protein and food in, but I just dont know what to do to make it sucessfully happen???

I only have 60-70 lbs left and am 9 almost 10months out. I know I can do this but where to start....
Frustrated and exhausted,

artroxy blue
on 10/15/12 12:56 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 How about making grab bags for during the week? Put together portable foods in a big zip bag, and take it with you for the day. String cheese, yogurts, cottage cheese, protein bars, little baggie of protein powder to add to milk, coffee, etc. 

tygercub82
on 10/15/12 1:07 am - TX
RNY on 01/13/12 with
Thank you Artrox!!
I am sure that is something I can find time to do on sunday, I can write the nutrional info on the bag and it will make it easier to log. I need to start logging my food...

garnetgal
on 10/15/12 1:54 am - Redwood City, CA
RNY on 04/02/12
Jack Links Steak Nuggets have 30 grams of protein in a 3 oz serving. They are bite size easy to totel snacks. How about some protein pudding to take along with you or at least keep some made in the fridge for a quick grab snack. Also, nuts. A lot of times I'll cook a bigger than needed meal on Sunday so that I can have the leftovers during the week. Super easy to do with chili or chicken and salsa in the crockpot. Throw the stuff in the crockpot the night before, stick it on in the morning before you leave and dinners done when you get home!

As for the sleep, I find I'm not needing as much as I did pre-WLS.

One of the things I used to do when I had 3 kids at home and worked 50 - 60 hours a week was to sit down and write myself a schedule. After a couple of weeks you find ways to manage your time better and you will find that there are enough hours in the day to get everything done and sleep, too!

Bebhihn
on 10/15/12 2:05 am - IA
I love to get the pre-cooked rotisserie chickens.  I'll pull the meat off that, throw it in fridge and just eat it cold or heat it up as is, but it also works for quesadillas or chicken salad.  On Sundays we will typically do something in the crock pot, then have it available to heat up for lunches or whatever during the week.

Keep your chin up and good luck!
Just When The Caterpillar Thought The World Was Over, She Became A Butterfly. 

--Proverb

65rosesmom
on 10/15/12 2:19 am
 I have three kids one with medical needs and work a full time job before bouncing all three to a variety of after school activities all week long -- so I can relate on the time crunch.    The best advice I can give is to start at the grocery store.   Buy easy to grab items that are on your program (yogurt, cheese sticks, protein bars, lunch meat, etc.) and MAKE yourself take enough with you to cover the number of meals or snacks you will be gone.  Then add one more, just in case.    I keep the following quote in my purse and on my fridge:

Failure to plan = planning to fail

It reminds me that if I don't grab what I need for the day, I will grab unhealthy, expensive and bad choices while I'm off and running.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

tygercub82
on 10/15/12 2:27 am - TX
RNY on 01/13/12 with
That last line is SO my problem right now!! I have made bad choices because of convinience and not only does it hurt my waist line but my pocket as well. I will sit down this week and get me a list and scheldule. Thank you for the quote it is now hanging by my computer at work!!

cajungirl
on 10/15/12 3:26 am, edited 10/15/12 3:27 am
Do you have access to a refrigerator or an insulated ice chest would work too.  Deli meat, string cheese (or other cheese sticks/chunks - I buy block and cut it myself), yogurt, cottage cheese. 

Non-refrigerated items:  beef jerkey, boiled eggs (they'll last unrefrigerated), s/f pudding (if you buy it unrefrigerated) or put it in the cooler.

One of my best friends is my crockpot.  I can throw something in there the night before and have meals when I wake up.  I bet I use mine 2-3 days per week and I have two so sometimes both are going.  Chicken, beef or pork roast, steak, beans and sausage.....the possibilites are endless.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views