HELP! Dinner ideas for 3 months out

Jennifer P.
on 10/16/12 8:09 am - MN
RNY on 07/31/12
 I'm stuck on ideas for dinner ideas.  I'm three months out and running out of good ideas!  I'm basically free to have any food (but I of course focus on protein), I just don't know what to make!!  HELP!

JanBooth
on 10/16/12 8:18 am - KY
RNY on 09/25/12
I've been reading a blog, as well as facebook page, of a woman who had WLS several years ago.  She has wonderful recipes and meal ideas. 
http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/
I can't wait to try some of the recipes as I progress to "regular" foods!  
The pizzas and casseroles all look so yummy!  
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

Oxford Comma Hag
on 10/16/12 9:00 am
Hit up BariatricFoodie in addition to Eggface's site. I make everything. For example, I make spaghetti for my family and eat the sauce while they eat the sauce, the pasta, and the garlic bread. 

Some simple things to do: Roast a chicken. Cook a meatloaf ( I still use a little bit of breadcrumbs because I don't eat a lot). Make homemade chili.

The sky is the limit.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

madeformore
on 10/16/12 10:40 am - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

I've become a huge fan of steak (once your plan allows it - mine did then). I find the simpler, the better for me b/c I can focus on the protein and my family can still enjoy the side dishes.

Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

Jennifer P.
on 10/16/12 12:00 pm - MN
RNY on 07/31/12
 Yeah I heard no name steaks are AMAZING.  Thoughts?

madeformore
on 10/16/12 1:24 pm - MN
RNY on 06/21/12
They are my favorite. The petite cut ones cuz they are 4 oz to start with. I don't cook them as long as I used to - medium or medium well now instead of well done - and that helps keep it from getting too dried out and easier to eat, even reheated as leftovers. Mmmm...now I want me some steak! :)

Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

Jennifer P.
on 10/16/12 1:28 pm - MN
RNY on 07/31/12
 Thanks for your input!!!  Now I want steak too! haha

garnetgal
on 10/16/12 1:29 pm - Redwood City, CA
RNY on 04/02/12
Steak, a cheeseburger without the bun (I cut up onions and throw some bacon bits in there, too), fish, shrimp, lean pork chops, cube steaks, I do pepper steak once in a while, chili, crockpot chicken, salsa & black beans. I use a George Foreman grill for a lot of my meats and love it! It's quick and easy. Play with seasonings to change things up. There's a lot of options out there!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 443 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views