kind of gross bathroom topic... :(

dizzylizzy19
on 10/18/12 8:09 am - VA
RNY on 09/17/12
So, I'm just over 4 weeks out from surgery, and today I'm having some stomach issues.  All day long my stomach was a bit off.

But I got home from work and I've had serious dieherra.  But that's not the wierd thing, the wierd this is my bowels are BRIGHT orange. What could cause that???

I'm straddling the line between purees and soft foods, but more purees due to last week's issue with a possible bowel obstruction. 
SoCaPinkLady
on 10/18/12 8:12 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
(((((((((Hugs)))))))))))) I don't know but I'd call your Dr. ASAP and ask them.

Lori                               

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/18/12 8:56 am - OH
It isn't terribly uncommon to have orangish diarrhea (although thsi is the first time i have personally heard soene say it was bright orange). It sometimes happens when the food simply is passing through your system much too quickly and has not been exposed to enough bile. It can also sometimes indicate gallbladder trouble, but that would cause it to continue for an extended period of time.

I would be more concerned about the food you are eating not staying in your system long enough for the nutrients to be absorbed or about it causing dehydration if it continues.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

mickeymantle
on 10/18/12 9:17 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13
did you eat any food or drinks that have food coloring in them?
back in the 70's people where rushing there kids to the er with bright red stool , but it was from food coloring in dry cerial , call the doc if it continues , or you get pain
angeleigh
on 10/18/12 9:51 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12
What color are the pills you take? Mine are a reddish color so my pee has a darker tone to it. Might be from that too.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Most Active
Recent Topics