HUNGRY!!!! Day 10 post-op

asiangirlb
on 11/4/12 6:34 am - TX

Hello everyone,

So I am on day 10 of my post-op and I am getting a little sad with my food options.  Right now my diet consists of eating baby food and would like suggestions of what else to eat.  I recently tried eating  some soft noodles but it felt like my chest was on fire and I couldn't really swallow all of it down so I stopped eating.  Is this normal?  Was that heartburn?

Please any advice would help!

Cgustavus
on 11/4/12 6:53 am - North Fond du Lac, WI
RNY on 08/23/12

Puréed soup is what I was allowed.  Noodles (any size) are on my list of donts until 3mo.

~Christopher

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

asiangirlb
on 11/4/12 6:56 am - TX

Thank you!

Robin R.
on 11/4/12 6:56 am - PA
RNY on 10/12/12

My favorite pureed foods were cooked chicken of beef in a blender with 2 spoonfulls of ricotta cheese and pizza sauce. heat up in a microwave with some shredded cheese on top. the chicken mixture tastes like chicken parmesan and the beef mixture tastes like pizza.

NBussey
on 11/4/12 7:01 am - MD

Baked tilapia and steamed shrimp, chewed well.  Non fat cottage cheese, cream of chicken soup, sugar free popsicles, Dannon light and Fit Greek yogurt, scrambled eggs.

Debbie C.
on 11/4/12 7:22 am - Bradford, MA
RNY on 10/10/12

Refried beans with cheddar cheese, high in protein and very yummy!

countrygirljess
on 11/4/12 7:27 am

Cheese? 10 days out? is this possible?? I know I can do the beans, but cheese?? LOL

Jessica

JanBooth
on 11/4/12 8:03 am - KY
RNY on 09/25/12

I had refried beans, shredded cheese, greek yogurt (as sour cream) and a leftover packet of Taco Bell sauce.  It was sooo yummy!  It's all soft/pureed. 

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

MrsLitch
on 11/4/12 8:07 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

it depends on your doctor's plan. My doctor only allowed meat, cheese and eggs from the pureed stage til mo 3 so yes it can be done if your plan allows it. of course I couldn't do the beans at that point lol

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

LadyAnastacia
on 11/4/12 8:04 am
RNY on 11/06/12

My doctor only allows protein shakes, and pureed low fat/low sugar foods for the first 4 weeks.  I have some recipes for soups and such that they gave me.  "Soft foods" and chunky foods (chopped onions in tuna) are prohibited.  I think my doctor would be shocked if I ate a noodle 10 days out.

He even says to start with 1/4 cup of food and only eat what you can have within 30 minutes, while taking baby spoon bites and putting the spoon down between bites.

Anyway, all doctors are different.  Have you tried calling your nutritionist for suggestions?

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 346 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 292 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 462 views