Lap Rny done

Steve D.
on 11/6/12 9:36 am - MI
RNY on 11/05/12

Many thanks to those who gave well wishes! They definitely helped! For those in the Flint, mi area I can heartily recommend Dr Michael Kia, superskilled and great bedside manner. In total I walked 48 laps of the floor today and everyone got easier than the previous ones. Still haven't passed gas yet which is a downer maybe tomorrow?

The staff in the surgical care unit at McLaren have been tremendous too and cover all the bases, breathing treatments as well as the spirometer. Coughing is not fun with 6 incisions though.

To all my surgery buddies I wish you the very best!!

HW: 380 lbs

1st Consult Wt. 325 lbs

SW: 293 lbs

karenp8
on 11/6/12 9:49 am - Brighton, IL
Glad to hear you are doing well. Keep walking it will help you to feel so much better!
Victoria A.
on 11/6/12 10:21 am - MI
RNY on 10/29/12

Hi Steve,

Happy to hear you are well and up walking around:) I also had 6 incisions, and it is still hard to cough and good lord if you have to sneeze do everything you can to avoid it LOL!!! Take care and take it slow:)

gek9742000
on 11/6/12 10:22 am
RNY on 10/29/12

Oh you are right about the coughing.  I was like this is torture...ha ha  Glad you are up and walking.

250 day of surgery 
150 current weight
135 goal weight

(deactivated member)
on 11/6/12 10:35 am, edited 11/6/12 10:35 am

Steve, kudos to you for using your spirometer.  I know it hurts big time. Hold a pillow against your stomach when you cough.  Coughing is a really good thing for your lungs. I though I was going to die, but I didn't want to end up with pneumonia.  They said it was more important to use it everyday off and on than to get to the level they recommended.  I could never quite get there.  I used mine for at least 3 weeks because I could not get a deep breath.  Now you have the surgery behind you and now it's time to heal.  This time next week will be better. But all of this takes time.  Just drink so you don't end up dehydrated and that can be difficult also.  Keep us posted.  Jane 

Silverbelle69
on 11/6/12 6:43 pm - Midlothian, VA
RNY on 06/05/12

Congrats!  Sounds like you have a great outlook.....good luck and keep us posted

Stephanie H.
on 11/7/12 1:23 am - OK
RNY on 02/12/13

Congrats!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 240 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 266 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 312 views