Anybody work for Enterprise and have UHC??

teachergirl
on 11/15/12 11:13 pm - Somewhere in, MI

Speaking of insurances....

I would really love to bring by BFF along this journey with me...Her and I have been overweight together for over 20 years and I don't want to lose without her, however I will...lol, but I don't want her to envy me (if and when I get my surgery)

So, if anyone knows anybody who works for Enterprise Car Rental and has gotten the surgery with their insurance, please share.

BamaBelleAmy70
on 11/16/12 12:48 am
RNY on 10/24/12

Hi!

I have UNC through my hubby's job and it paid 90% of my surgery ( gastric bypass)  We had reached our deductible so we were only responsible for 10%. I know that UHC usually has different policies for different companies so the requirements I had to meet were special for his company. I would tell her to go their website, talk to her company's HR department, or call UNC and ask them. I know the website had the requirements to qualify for WLS listed on their website (and you had to meet at least 2 or 3 of them) but it may be a little different for her company. Her HR department should be able to give her the information. I had to have a BMI > 40, letter from my MD,  and a documented history of being overweight for at least (BMI > 40) for at least five years. But like I said every company could be different.. It took about 10-14 days for approval after the information was submitted. I started the process August 1 and had my surgery October 24th. My surgeon made me jump through lots of hoops pre op! 

Hope everything works out for y'all! Good luck!

Amy :)

teachergirl
on 11/16/12 1:13 am - Somewhere in, MI

Thanks Amy.  She has already told me that it isn't covered and I won't take no for an answer.  My friend isn't known for being the most thorough person in the world, so I thought i'd reach out to my OH family and see for myself, but I'm going to check their website, this is a good idea that I hadn't thought about...Thanks.

Shawnie

Starting W: 325 Surgery W:307 Current W: 276.4 Goal W: 165  RNY: 1/17/2013

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 0 replies · 4 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 291 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 336 views