Question for women

siamsa1
on 12/2/12 2:29 am
RNY on 07/17/12

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing breast pain since loosing weight?  I've lost 140 pounds between pre-op and post-op weight loss and naturally my body is changing .  Sadly the first area to deflate were my breasts.  However the last few days I've noticed that I have been having a lot of breast pain - especially around the upper chest area.  I'm thinking it's because they are hanging lower now than they were before I lost weight.  It's especially painful when I first take off my bra.  I'm thinking that they only thing that will solve it will be plastic surgery.  Has anyone else experienced this kind of pain?

angeleigh
on 12/2/12 3:11 am, edited 12/2/12 3:45 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

I am not sure, May be close to your period?? I know i personally don't go without a bra NEVER. I wear a sports bra for sleeping. Best to keep them supported unless your showering.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Friendlybyte
on 12/2/12 3:15 am - Greeley, CO
RNY on 08/28/12

Funny      I was about to post a question about upper back pain... I think it's due to my breasts being too heavy!  I am not having breast pain just upper back pain.. My breast are defiantly hanging a lot lower these days!  I have gone from a 46DDD to 38DD.  I thought with the weight loss I would not have this problem.  I know I am over due for a mammogram, that is something you should do if you have not so this year.  I think I will have to have a lift and reduction once I get to my goal....  

Good luck,

Cindy~*

angeleigh
on 12/2/12 3:48 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Ya I am a 38DD and i learned along time ago to always keep them supported. I never understand the logic of wearing a good bra for 10 hours a day then nothing the rest of the day. Sleeping is the worst time to get sagging. So i was always taught to wear something to support them at all times.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Dee.spunk
on 12/2/12 5:04 am - Sacramento, CA
That happens to me when I take my bra off the week before my period. That's the only time it happens though.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

siamsa1
on 12/2/12 6:35 am
RNY on 07/17/12

When I was heavier it never bothered me to go without a bra while I was home after work.  Now as soon as I take my bra off it hurts.  It's something that I'll have to discuss with my doctor I guess when I go back for my check up later this month.

Sara O.
on 12/2/12 8:23 am - NC
RNY on 03/12/12

I experience similar pain but I always assume its my birth control (hormones) or my period is coming soon.

Heidi T.
on 12/2/12 8:24 am
RNY on 01/31/12

Is there any chance of pregnancy? That was my first indication.

rny 1/30/12              
On 1/30/12 I begain my new healthier life, it is not easy, but day by day I will reach my goals.                
pamkb
on 12/2/12 9:30 am - Crestview, FL

pain in the breast would be worrisome to me.  I was a 46DD and after weight loss was a 36C (only because I needed the extra cup size to hold the skin.  I had very little tissue remaining).  Sometimes I would have some achiness, but never actual pain, when they were so heavy and pendulous but after the weight loss started that went away.  I never went without a bra and even slept in a cotton comfort bra.

If it is true pain you are feeling, please make an appointment with your physician to rule out any other issues.

I am creating my own revolution and PAMdemonium reigns!

RNY 11/16/2010

SW 270, CW 155, GW 135

1st 5k time 40:34 (Dec 2013)