dumped today... blech...

stephkaz
on 12/3/12 11:45 am - IL

It happens to the best of us...

I dump by getting diarrhea and shaking.  Nausea today, but not always.   I have nausea meds from my stay in the hospital last week. (not RNY related).  I have horrible periods now  and they are very painful and make me throw up and leave me so dizzy I cannot stand.  It has only been since RNY that these symptoms have happened in unison. My cycles have always been painful, but not to this extent.  

I was stupid and ate one too many of something and here I am feeling like a truck ran me over.  Mini-Corn Dogs from Morningstar (soy dogs) The stats are ok and I have had them before so I know they are ok, but I ate one more than the serving suggested because I was so hungry.  I am having trouble with protein lately, This morning my hair started falling out.  This weekend  Iam going to check around for some protein shakes.  I have SYntrax Mint Cookie Flavor protein, but for some reason the first time I tried it  I dumped a little. I am going to try it again soon and see if it still happens now that I am much farther out than I was the first time.  I believe it is the alkalai they mix with the cocoa.  I also got sick on SF Carnation Instant Bfast, chocolate flavor.

Back to the drawing board tomorrow.  On a good note, my blood work is awesome still and I am losing at a significant click still.  

I need to get back into the swing and start cooking and working out again.  I need motivation.  I have felt so yucky lately with my other medical issues that I have not had the motivation to cook for my family or leave the house once I get home after work.  Ineed to clean out my car of my gym back so I can pack it up again and start making excuses.  Its no ones fault but my own.

You, I've mistaken for destiny, but the truth is my legacy is not up to my genes...

Lindsey B.
on 12/3/12 12:04 pm - MI
RNY on 11/19/12

I'm only two weeks out of surgery, and I had my first experience last night.  I mixed my protein drink with four ounces of chocolate milk thinking it wouldn't be too much sugar/dairy for me, but I was wrong.  Oops, stomach ache and diarrhea for me!  I've been drinking Unjury Chocolate Splendor, and they are really good, dairy-free, 21g protein/serving.  (I promise I'm not a salesperson, I've just had really good luck with keeping them down, and they taste good)  Hope you find something you like!

mzzz86
on 12/3/12 8:28 pm - Canada

2 WEEKS??? and a protein shake already that is nut,s I did not have my first protein shake untill 5 weeks out iam not sure why people are so concerned about that, I have not dumped once i have not been nauseous nor have i thrown up I have followed my diet and outlined meal plan as suggested and no where on my diet at 2 weeks did it suggest drinking a protein shake. With that being said I will suggest the protein drink I use now its called Muscle Milk Light its a premade protein drink 100 calories and 0 SUGAR!!!!!!!!  its one of the best tasting protein drinks I have had.

Allison P.
on 12/3/12 1:09 pm - Santa Cruz, CA

Once we can eat more variety of protein sources, and more in general, I think that we will have more energy for workouts.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/3/12 2:27 pm - OH

There isn't any sugar in the Syntrax protein powder, so whatever reaction you had would not have been dumping.  Dumping is a specific reaction to unprocessed sugar in the lower intestine, so alkalai would not have caused dumping.  Some people are very sensitive to sugar alcohols, though. (I don't remember what they use as an artificial sweetener in the Syntrax protein powder).

The carbs might  have been the culprit with the corn dogs, though.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics