frustrated cause cant find food

delta07
on 12/8/12 4:31 am - NC

I am so tired of trying to find foods i can eat at the soft foods phase. i cant find the blended greek yogurt and i cant eat the ones with the fruit at the bottom cause its over 10 grams of sugar. i dont want to focus on carbs like crackers and i cant eat cheese every meal. please help.

SoCaPinkLady
on 12/8/12 4:51 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

Ricotta Cheese 

Cottage Cheese

Scrambled eggs Scrambled easy with cheese

Over easy eggs

lunch meats

Tuna with a little lite mayo

Egg salad with a little lite mayo

Cream soups with a little bit of unflavored protein powder or shredded cheese

Sugar Free Pudding with Protein Powder

Chili w/ cheese

Lori                               

delta07
on 12/8/12 5:00 am - NC

thanks for your suggestions. I cant do the ricotta or cottage cheeses, eggs, tuna or mayo

Kat Kat
on 12/8/12 6:21 am - AZ

Why can't you do ricotta/cottage cheese, eggs,or  pureed tuna with lite mayo?

What is on your doctors list?

How about:

Refried beans with melted cheese, sour cream and smooth taco sauce

Blended soups

Hot cereal with protein powder

Kat

delta07
on 12/8/12 9:39 am - NC

i have the dr's list but everyone cant eat everything. I am lactose intolerant for one and I cant tolerate tuna, tomatoes and most protein powders. Went thru that on the protein shake phase so not going back there. You keep mentioning cheese when I previously stated that I didnt want to do cheese so much so even if I werent lactose intolerant, I still would  not want to  eat every possible type of cheese for every meal.  The soups I was able to tolerate were only a specific brand of organic soups which were very expensive. Thanks though.

Kat Kat
on 12/8/12 10:32 am - AZ

It was difficult to know you are lactose intolerant since you were looking for Greek yogurt which contains lactose, so you might want to call off the search for it. With some imagination the recipe I gave you could be altered to skip the sour cream and cheese. You seem to have so many dietary issues that it might be wise to make an appointment with your dietician who will be able to help you find your food. We really hate to see you starve to death, you know?

Kat

walterswife
on 12/8/12 5:22 am

Are you saying you can't find plain no fat or low fat Greek Yogurt?

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

quiltpainter
on 12/8/12 5:59 am - CT

If you are so limited on the soft foods you can eat, why don't you drink more protein shakes? You make chicken and puree it with a little broth? Can you eat other types of fi****s usually quite flaky and may be made into a soft consistency.

delta07
on 12/8/12 9:44 am - NC

Got sick on the protein shakes so cant go back to those-dont know of a brand that works for me. I tried flaky fish but it doesnt set well as I stated and flaky fish types is all that I am allowed now.

Miamos
on 12/8/12 7:44 am - OH
I eat the kids choboni champions. It does not have a taste as strong as regular Greek Yogurt (at least I think) it has 100 calories 8 proteins 13 g sugar. My doctor said I can have any thing under 15 g of sugar. It also does not have chunks