2 Years out and hair is still falling out?

gwheezy41
on 12/8/12 4:39 am - Fullerton, CA

Hair is still falling out, is it a protein deficiency ?  What else can cause it to fall out? I have been doing 1 shake a day again for about a month now, also very tired.  I take all my vitamins, D3 ...I take 50,000 iu 3 X week   and B12  3000mg  3 x week,  2 multivits, calcium.  Going to cut my hair today,  I have long hair and it just looks terrible and very thin.  Help please....Thanks Virginia

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/8/12 5:00 am, edited 12/8/12 5:53 pm - OH
That far out it would not be from the telogen effluvium that happens after surgery. It may be a protein deficiency, but may also be a vitamin deficiency (there are a number of vitamin deficiencies that can cause hair loss). Even with the supplements you are taking, your could still be deficient, so I would suggest taht ou get a set of labs drawn.

Hormones can also cause hair loss. Menopause, peri-menopause, any significant change. You might want the doctor to check that, too.

How much protein do you get a day?

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 12/8/12 7:51 am - OH

Since you are just over two years out, I'm guessing you just had labs done, right?  What was your iron level?  Vitamin A?  Zinc?  Protein?  Albumin?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

gwheezy41
on 12/8/12 12:26 pm - Fullerton, CA

Hi my  Iron- 93mcg      Protein- 6.6      Albumin-4.1   B12- 450  pg/ml   I did not see Vitamin A or Zinc?   I dont think I've been getting enough protein in so that's why I started doing 1 shake a day.

Most Active