OT: Tattoos

artroxy blue
on 12/10/12 8:45 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

Has anyone gotten a tattoo after they hit goal? What did you get? Where was it placed?

I'm just curious because I have wanted more tattoos, but held out because I didn't want them to be misshaped as I lost weight. The tattoo itch i****ting me bad. LOL

jujubee4224
on 12/10/12 9:57 pm
RNY on 04/09/12

I am a tattoo virgin but have decided to get one when I have reached goal. I don't know what I want yet but I am interested in seeing what others suggest. I would also like to know the best place to put one, considering all the baggy skin. I don't want anything very large, just something to acknowledge and celebrate my accomplishment.

julie

JanBooth
on 12/10/12 9:58 pm - KY
RNY on 09/25/12

My daughter and I plan to get a tattoo soon, in memory of my mother.  We are getting a small, pink breast cancer ribbon with a tiny sprig of Lily of the Valley going through it.  My mother had breast cancer that spread throughout her body before finally shutting down her liver and kidneys. My mother's favorite flower was the Lily of the Valley, and that flower is my daughter's birth month flower.  I will probably get it above my left breast...somewhere on my chest?  I'm not sure where my daughter will get hers. 

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

Jenni_9yrspostop
on 12/11/12 4:53 am

That's a very sweet tribute to your mom. I love the idea of her favorite flower and the breast cancer ribbon.

Jen 10 yrs post op RNY

Larry Wassmann
on 12/10/12 10:14 pm - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

If you are young, your tattoo will look like a scab when you are my age, not pretty. I swim in a senior swim glass and some of the old GIs have them and believe me not a great thing to look at. So if you want one, I would get it in a place that does not show when you are dressed. 

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

MyLady Heidi
on 12/11/12 1:36 am

The tat ink they use now is so much better then it was in the olden days, my 18 year old first tattoo I got when I was 30 looks as good today as it did new.  I like to see tattoos so why hide them.  I just got a neck tattoo.

macjuicy
on 12/10/12 10:33 pm - FL

I got a Pheonix on my inside Forearm Symbolizing my Rise from the Ashes!

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

artroxy blue
on 12/10/12 10:39 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

I've wanted a Phoenix Rising for a long time. It's not just symbolic of my physical transformation. kiss

ncbrwneyedgurl
on 12/11/12 12:47 am - Raleigh, NC
RNY on 02/27/13

I have a Phoenix tattoo also! I haven't had my surgery yet but got it because I have had to rise from the ashes throughout my life's journey...it will mean even more after my surgery! :)

Jennifer in NC (banded 09/08, band removed 11/19/12, approved for RNY 02/14/13, Surgery 2/27/13)

artroxy blue
on 12/10/12 10:37 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

@Larry I'll keep that in mind. LOL 

I already have two--one is a simple butterfly on my chest that is slightly visible, and I also have a ring of fire on my back above my bum cheek. I want to get something to cover that one up, but I'm not sure what yet. I also want to get a Phoenix Rising on my left shoulder. I've also thought about having something on the inside of my forearm, but we'll see. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 88 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 308 views