Is this right? Please advise.

Calla Lily
on 12/17/12 11:01 pm
RNY on 01/23/12

I ate cream of wheat almost every day for my first few months post op and still eat it now. I added 4 scoops of skim milk powder to mine to add 9 extra grams of protein. It sounds like you are off to a great start!

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

cajungirl
on 12/18/12 1:34 am

You're doing fine.....5 lbs per week is great.

Did they not give you quantities to eat per meal?  The reason I ask is because pouches are not all created equal, the quantity will vary.

You do want to eat protein first to keep you fuller longer and healthy.  I will recommend a few WLS blogs to give you some help and ideas. 

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/ 

http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/ 

http://eatingwelllivingthin.wordpress.com/ 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Souperwoman
on 12/18/12 1:15 pm, edited 12/18/12 1:16 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
RNY on 11/20/12

I'm a week behind you (11/20).  As for how much/how often/how many, that can certainly vary from surgeon to surgeon so I can only speak from my own experience.  I usually start the day with 1/4 cup (or slightly more, depending on the food) of whatever tickles my fancy (cream of wheat made with skim milk, a scrambled egg made with skim milk and a little cheese, occasionally even corned beef hash).  I then get on the nutrition tracker, enter what I ate, and plan my meals for the rest of the day.  Depending on how much protein my breakfast had, I may decide I'm due for a higher protein lunch and dinner to get my number up (say, for example, some tuna fish for lunch and ricotta cheese bake that I make with pasta sauce that I blend turkey sausage into and cover in a bit of lowfat cheese for dinner).  I also normally include my daily snacks into my plan.  These are mainly geared towards upping the protein total for the day so it may be a glass of skim milk (sometimes even chocolate milk, but not everyone can do that) or even a sugar free pudding cup with some protein powder mixed in.  This early out, I'm aware of my fat and carb intake but not strict with it as I'm still limited to the kinds of things I can eat.

It really does sound like you're doing fine. My weight loss isn't that far off from you.  I also hit a stall at week 3 so, while they may consider it "slow losing", you may not have lost at all for a short period of time while your body was adjusting.  It seems to work a little differently for everyone but the speed isn't as important as reaching the finish line :)

shrinkingit
on 12/18/12 1:46 pm
RNY on 11/13/12

I really want to say thank you to everyone on here.  Your responses really reassured me that I am not messing things up.  I have set an appointment to see a nutritionist who gave our 4 hour pre surgery class.  He is going to work me in tomorrow late afternoon.  I think after this session I will know more about portions, calories, proteins etc.  I wish now that I would have seen this guy before surgery instead of paying cash to see the local nutritionist who had the soonest appointment.  Maybe it would have been better to put the surgery off for a month or two until I could have seen him.

Anyways,  thanks again for all your support,  I am sure you all do not realize how important your support is for us Newbies.