Honeymoon over?

Christy L.
on 1/6/13 7:04 am - TN

How long was your honeymoon?  Pretty sure mine is in the distant past.  :( Darn it!

Constantine
on 1/6/13 7:54 am

I think mine lasted about 14 months total.  Definitely over now.  I know I can eat and drink whatever I want and I rarely feel bad from any of it.  I just have the three pound rule - if I am up three pounds I buckle down and hit the gym more and get it off.  I plan on doing that the rest of my life to keep things in check.

quiltpainter
on 1/6/13 7:58 am - CT

How long ago was your surgery?

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/6/13 7:59 am - OH

Different people have different definitions for "honeymoon".  

If you mean when did the weight loss first slow down a lot, that was at 6 months for me.

If you mean when did the weight loss slow down to just a trickle, for me it was at about 11 months (when my nine week stall that started in month 9 ended, the loss was MUCH slower than before the stall).  (I continued to lose very slowly until 20 months out.)  

If you mean when did I notice that the caloric malabsorption was gone and my weight could start creeping up even eating as I had been before without any gain, about 24 months out.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

MultiMom
on 1/6/13 8:52 am - NH

From reading your past posts I see that you had surgery in April. I would think that you still have a good amount of time in the so called honeymoon period. What you have to do is stick to your plan. This is the time when you can physically eat more and it is very easy to slip into old habits.

Do you track your food, and I mean EVERYTHING that goes in your mouth? Are you exercising faithfully? The answer to those 2 questions might be your answer...

Martha enlightened

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Christy L.
on 1/7/13 2:00 am - TN

I definitely have let myself 'slip' a little over the holidays and don't feel the resistance that I did before.  It's time for me to buckle down and really get with it.  I'm losing weight much more slowly than I did at first and find stalls that last forEVER only to lose a few lbs and stall again.  I do log my food, but probably not as strictly as I should. I do let some days go, and have used it to keep myself in check but not to it's full potential. 

I guess I've fallen off my horse, time to get back on!

Most Active
Recent Topics