TMI ALERT Dumping on Crystal Light?

lizpete
on 1/9/13 2:50 am - Marlboro, MA

Yesterday I had one of the single serve Crystal Light packs in a 20 oz bottle of water.  Within 20 minutes of the first sip I experience what I can only explain as the worst stomach pain, sweating, and nausea.  I them :solved my constipation issue (if you get my drift).  It was so bad I had to leave work.  Honestly this has not happened with any other food or drink.  Crystal Light was the only different thing I had .  Has this happened to anyone else?

chickiedoo123
on 1/9/13 3:02 am - MN
RNY on 08/22/12

I have never dumped off of Crystal Light.....BUT ......if I use one pouch per 20 oz of water my tummy does not really like it.......it hurts.  I use 1 and 1/2 bottle of water and it seems to work for me.  Also there are certain flavors that my tummy hurts from - I am not sure if it is just that I don't like them or what?  So sorry you had a cr@ppy time with Crystal Light!

Ellie                
Mary Catherine
on 1/9/13 3:10 am

That is very strange.  I am sorry it happened,  Was it your first time trying Crystal Light?

lizpete
on 1/9/13 3:26 am, edited 1/9/13 3:27 am - Marlboro, MA

Yes it was the first time I used Crystal Light.  Prior to surgery it gave me such heartburn that I refused to use it.  I went for my 9 mo check up last week and I am not hitting my fluid intake so the NUT suggested that I try it again.  Nope  not going to happen.  I will have to find another way to get in all my fluids.  On the bright side I am no longer constipated.  LOL kiss

KendraB1
on 1/9/13 5:28 am - DE
RNY on 11/05/12
On January 9, 2013 at 11:26 AM Pacific Time, lizpete wrote:

Yes it was the first time I used Crystal Light.  Prior to surgery it gave me such heartburn that I refused to use it.  I went for my 9 mo check up last week and I am not hitting my fluid intake so the NUT suggested that I try it again.  Nope  not going to happen.  I will have to find another way to get in all my fluids.  On the bright side I am no longer constipated.  LOL kiss

Have you tried Mio? They have a lot of great flavors- personally, the berry pomagranate & fruit punch are my faves.
Dee.spunk
on 1/9/13 3:34 am - Sacramento, CA
Maybe the sugar alcohols? I don't drink CL, so I dont know...

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

AprilM1969
on 1/9/13 3:48 am - OH

Doesn't even have to be the Crystal Light you can eat something one day and be fine with it and the next day the same food could make you dump.  Doesn't make sense but it happens.  But to be safe I would avoid the Crystal Light ;)

BWB
on 1/9/13 4:09 am

We buy the Crystal Lite/ Kroger brand knock off.  I think a packet is meant for a pitcher size amount.  I use about 1/3rd per 32 oz glass.  I also mix 1/2 pk of lemonade Nector brand protein with it for extra protein. No dumping here on the Kroger product.

Amanda M.
on 1/9/13 5:50 am
RNY on 01/18/13
I agree! I dont see how anyone could use one packet for the suggested 16 oz bottle. Ack! I have a 64oz mug that I fill up every day and use two packs for the 64oz. Even that seems too strong depending on the flavor.

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/13 4:15 am - WA
RNY on 08/21/12

I had the same reaction to it, so I stopped using it. I'm having good luck with Ocean Spray powders, sold in the same area as Crystal Light and they taste really good!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 255 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 269 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views