Ready to Schedule Surgery - Self Saboteur

SusieD48
on 1/9/13 12:19 am
RNY on 02/11/13

I have reached my 5% weight loss but ever since my first meeting with the surgeon I am struggling to stay on track.  I know I was a little scared by all the things that can happen and they have to review worse case scenario but I think I may be self-consciously sabotaging myself from fear.  Has anyone else gone through this.

Mary Catherine
on 1/9/13 1:11 am

I did and I am sure most people do.  It is frightening to think about things that can go wrong.  After my RNY it was such a strange feeling because I felt like nothing had happened.  I was only half joking when I asked the surgeon if he just made some tiny little incisions and stopped.   I felt great, went back to work after a few days and my appetite and weight just went away.  All that worry and it was all so easy.

Kim S.
on 1/9/13 1:19 am - Helena, AL

All the worse case scenarios are a very small percentage, but you should at least know about them.  I had a similar experience to White Dove, and I point blank asked my surgeon if he REALLY did anything.  It was very easy, and I was so relieved to not be starving ALL THE TIME.

Michelle H.
on 1/9/13 2:57 am
RNY on 01/24/13

I understand. I am scheduled for 1/24 and seriously worried sick. I am healthy and I hope for no complications, but this is a major life change.. Thank you vets for sharing your experiences. I appreciate all the posts, even if it scares me sometimes..

SusieD48
on 1/10/13 11:26 pm
RNY on 02/11/13

Thank you for the feedback everyone!  I am back on track and ready to get this scheduled!!