Calcium Supplement

charjames
on 1/9/13 5:22 am - PA
RNY on 10/30/12

I'm 2 1/2 months post-op and was wondering what calcium supplement is recommended as I am supposed to start taking this bu am so confused by how much is recommended, etc.  Any tips are appreciated!!

happygrandma
on 1/9/13 5:28 am - Highland, MI
RNY on 12/17/12
On January 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM Pacific Time, charjames wrote:

I'm 2 1/2 months post-op and was wondering what calcium supplement is recommended as I am supposed to start taking this bu am so confused by how much is recommended, etc.  Any tips are appreciated!!

My doctor says 1500 mg of Calcium Citrate, guess it's the one that absorbs the best.

poet_kelly
on 1/9/13 6:19 am - OH

The ASMBS recommends 1500-2000 mg calcium citrate in doses of about 500 mg at a time, at least two hours apart.  How come you haven't started taking calcium already?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

charjames
on 1/10/13 11:39 pm - PA
RNY on 10/30/12

Thanks for the info!  I did by Calcium Citrate but the pills are HUGE!  I was wondering if this was safe to take with our opening to the intestines being so small.  I was wondering if there was a chewable brand anyone recommended?

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 438 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 328 views