i can quit eating!!!

Tbercini
on 1/14/13 4:49 am - NC

I am 4 years out from surgery i went from 414lbs to 155lbs at my lowest weight, lately actually the past year i just can not quit eating i eat everything as much as i can as often as i can, i was up to 185 again, i just had surgery to reduce the excess skin and i am back down to 164. i am about to have surgery to remove more skin. i dont know what my problem is. i just can not quit eating. it is like b4 i had the bypass when i had no control i have no control again. any suggestions, i guess i never got to the root as to why i over eat

ToNewBeginnings
on 1/14/13 5:04 am

Sometimes I feel that way. It's when I graze on carbs and crappy food. I get back on track by using sparkpeople.com and going back to the basic foods.

poet_kelly
on 1/14/13 5:07 am - OH

How about seeing a therapist to get to the root of why you overeat?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

ahelen
on 1/14/13 7:54 am

Your pouch is stretched and that is why you're not feeling full. I went to Brigham and Women's Hospital for an appointment with the Dr. Thompson(one of the best in the field) who works with bypass patients with this problem. I am two years out and not experiencing that full feeling. My pouch is stretched and he will tighten the pouch and opening back up. The recovery is 1-2 days. I never reached goal weight but lost 98 pounds, I exercise 6 days a week and gained 15 lbs in a short time. I have been struggling and lost 5 of those pounds. Doctor Thompson also said I needed to change my eating plan (no yogurt, fat free cheese etc.) and has me eating more fiber rich foods, fruit, and no protein shakes. I started today and continue with this new eating plan. You can go to the hospital website and learn more. My thoughts are with you Sister

daphneb
on 1/14/13 11:38 am - AK

I'm not even done my initial loss yet, but my thoughts are to go back to program diet of your 1 1/2 cups three times a day with only protein snacks.  Throw out all the carbs, sugars, and other bad stuff in your house.  Get back to the basics again.  You're doing okay and I think I agree with Kelly - maybe it's time to find out why you eat/root of problem. 

If you're like me and have it in your house, I obsess and can't stop thinking about it until I've either eaten it or thrown it out.  I just can't have stuff in the house that I can't control myself with.

Good luck!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 430 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 363 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?