Phsyc Eval has me on hold

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 1/15/13 1:54 am
RNY on 01/10/12

It's definitely best to go into this with your head in the right place, and waiting for a few months is not going to hurt you! I had to wait almost an extra year because I had heart surgery, and here I am at goal. You'll be here soon!

I see a therapist every other week, and she's amazing.

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

Elektra_Kat
on 1/15/13 8:21 am
RNY on 06/26/13

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure it's very very disappointing.

I was fully expecting to bomb the psych part. I was honest. I broke down in tears. I sailed through with no problems, surprisingly. Maybe because I mentioned I was currently seeing a therapist anyway, and had been seeing her for a long time.?? I don't know.

But I'm stalled too. I'm in limbo waiting for whatever comes next. All my testing and whatnot has been completed and everything has been shipped off to Ottawa. This delay is likely just as torturous to me as the evaluation was to you.

Tt165
on 1/15/13 10:04 am - West Terre Haute, IN
I am sorry that you are being delayed. Hopefully, you will find a good therapist that helps you Best wishes
jaesueray
on 1/16/13 7:44 pm
RNY on 09/04/13

I wish i had asked about the eval on here or gone to a support group before the eval. Not that i dont understand

the benefit, i do. i was in counseling after i left a abusive marriage and it was invaluable helping me. i was definitely too honest during my evaluation and i got what i deserved. Counseling was always in the mix for me during this weight loss journey. Being forced into it just feels kind of demeaning.

Thanks for all your support and thoughts. Off to find a therapist!

Jae

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 462 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 471 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 315 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 354 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 51 views