"stomach pain" question

Sherry T.
on 1/16/13 10:58 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

I've had stomach pain since lunch, I had a sandwich made from home on wheat bread...it was dense..but i've normally been using the sandwich rounds when I have bread.   I had dinner but could only eat 1/2 a grilled hamburger patty (first time for that too) and some baked beans...maybe it's the red meat though I've had it in chili but it's cooked to pieces.  It really feels like I'm stopped up or ate too much...trying to drink and see if that will help...it's not bad, bad but I have a high pain tolerance....I guess it's worrying me...as I type this it seems to have eased off....just wondering if anyone has had this and if it was the food combo?  

I don't have insurance until next month when I finally will be off the 90 day probationary period of my job. I work for a very small company now and the policy is for 8 employees tops....the insurance application is 4 pages, detailing medicines, surgeries...so hoping they will accept me. 

Anywho, I am rambling....thoughts?

Thank you!

Sherry

ps...I'm almost 8 months out. 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/16/13 11:07 am - OH

Beef and dense wheat bread can sit very heavily in your pouch and may very well be causing discomfort if you ate a bit too much.  If you have been drinking after eating, though, and are continuing to have pain, that is different because the liquid will have washed the eat of the food out of your pouch.  Did you chew the beef very well (almost to mush)?  Lots of people apparently are not told to do that (as I was), and I never ha pain from eating anything nor did I ever get anything stuck, and I think that had a lot to do with it since lots of people who have trouble say they "chew well" but when asked, say they don't chew it THAT well.

it is probably nothing to worry about, but if it gets worse, you should at least call the surgeon's office.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Sherry T.
on 1/16/13 11:13 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

Thank you! I certainly will take it easy tomorrow and be very mindful to chew well....sometimes I forget and think I am normal....LOL which I never have been.   :) 

Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/16/13 11:09 am
I have had stomach pain from almonds, of all things. I dont know which food it was for you. You might try some mint or chamomile tea. Those are both soothing on my stomach.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Sherry T.
on 1/16/13 11:16 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

We have a Fresh Market not far from work...sorta like Trader Joe's in my mind...but they have these barrells of nuts and I allow myself one trip a week to get a few cashews....but more than that and I know I'd be on a slippery slope....so far they haven't bothered me.   Almost wish they would so I wouldn't think about them every time I drive by!  I haven't stopped this week because I'm trying to see if I can make the blasted scale move but so far nothing.  I will try tea...I love it and we have some at work.  Going to be a definite light day tomorrow. 

Sherry 

JJ_
on 1/16/13 1:13 pm

It could be the combination of food (especially with the bread or bun).  I find that it can become a big gooey ball once it reaches my insides.  I try to limit the amount of bread or bun that I consume.  I will also wait a bit longer between bites so that things can move down a bit.

Judy