NSVs!

Lose_to_Win
on 1/20/13 9:02 am - PA
RNY on 12/20/12

Hi everyone! I'm so excited that it's my turn to share some NSVs!

- A few weeks before surgery, I got under 350#, which meant I no longer had to go on the "cattle" scale and could be weighed on a standard scale. You know, the one with the big metal blocks that they slide over? Slightly less precise, but it's been a while since I saw one of those up close.

- Today is laundry day and I was running low on clean clothes and needed something to wear at home while the wash and dry ran. After reading a post recently about trying on smaller clothes sooner than you think possible, I tried a couple pairs of PJ/sweatpants that I bought on sale a week pre-op in anticipation of needing warm stuff through the rest of the winter. I got 2x sweatshirt material pants, and 3x flannel pants from Old Navy. Neither fit before, couldn't even get them up all the way. Today, the 2x pair goes up but is still a bit too tight (sausage casing is not my look), but the 3x flannel pants fit great!

- Finally and most importantly, I am 1 month post-op today and complication free! Still learning as I go, but feeling great and totally ready to go back to work this week - physically, mentally, emotionally!

RachelFat2Fit.blogspot.com     HW 367 6/26/12  |  SW 335 12/20/12  |  1st GW 180

Tammy S.
on 1/20/13 9:42 am - DE
How wonderful!!! Congrats!! I know that feels great!!!

LouLouAmbrosia
on 1/20/13 9:43 am - OH
Congratulations! Those are awesome NSVs! Be sure to record them so you can have them to look on when times get tough. That has really helped me when I struggle :)

Height:  5' 2"      HW: 322 (7/31/12)     SW: 292 (10/31/12)     Current:  220 (3/20/13)
GOAL WEIGHT: 140

karenp8
on 1/20/13 9:46 am - Brighton, IL

You have made great progress! Keep up the good work.

Trish C.
on 1/20/13 10:47 am - Waynesburg, PA
RNY on 10/11/12

Congrats!! Those are some VERY exciting NSV's!! They will just keep getting better. Measurements are a great idea as well, for those pesky stalls we all come across! Enjoy every moment, there will be many. :)

HW 365   SW 317

Lori F.
on 1/20/13 12:30 pm - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12

Congrats!  

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way
HW: 375   ​SW: 342  GW:  140  HT: 5'7"  

daphneb
on 1/20/13 2:57 pm - AK

It won't be long and both those items of clothing will fall off you anyway.  Enjoy all these wonderful events along the way, and write them in a diary.  It'll be interesting for yourself after you've lost all the weight to see truly how far you've come.

One of my favorite ones was one day I was in my boss' office and I didn't even notice that I just "crossed my legs".  When I looked down at myself I was like, "Did I really just do that?" when I told my boss why I had paused for a moment we both laughed.  It's those little things that add up and really make our day.

Congrats, it's just the beginning!  I have these moments more and more everyday and I"m loving it!

Jewelsstevens
on 1/21/13 9:35 am - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

Congrats!!