Straight liquid soup...Meal or Beverage?

Soundmankc
on 1/24/13 12:45 am

So I guess i am trying to wrap my mind around this....The first week I did nothing but clear liquids. Second week I did clear liquids plus creamed soups....and so on. At this point I can eat soft foods according to my meal plan but....is a soup like say Cream of Tomato soup considered a meal at this point or a beverage? I mean you are told to drink all day....you pretty much drink soup since there is nothing to chew.

poet_kelly
on 1/24/13 12:48 am - OH

I think it can be a meal AND a beverage. For instance, if something has calories and protein, like a protein shake, I consider that a meal.   But it's still a liquid, too.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Annyka
on 1/24/13 1:24 am - Pfafftown, NC

It could be a meal, but without some sort of added protein - I'm not sure how much good cream of tomato would be doing for your limited intake ability at this stage.

Follow my journey including lots of bariatric friendly recipes!

http://www.halfofannie.com

cajungirl
on 1/24/13 2:40 am

This is just MY opinion.  A beverage should be calorie free.  Snacks and meals consist of calories so the soup for me would be a meal or snack.  Hope this makes sense.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Amanda M.
on 1/24/13 3:22 am
RNY on 01/18/13
I agree with you. That is how I will follow through with my meal plans.

Soundmankc
on 1/25/13 12:05 am
This makes perfect sense. I was more curious as to how it effects the pouch by taking up space. Everything is so new for me. It can be confusing some times.