Cereal/milk question

Lessoflinda
on 1/28/13 10:14 am - NY
If we are not to have liquids w/meals, how do you eat cereal? Very small amt of milk?

Linda, Endwell, NY RNY 11/5/12

Selenan101
on 1/28/13 10:30 am
RNY on 06/06/12
I'll have it with a small amt of milk, yes. I get protein cereal about 12 G protein per serving and put some Splenda on it. Oh, yum:D. I just try not to do it really often
 Selenan 

Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/28/13 10:31 am
Once in awhile I sprinkle Fiber one or Kashi go lean on yogurt. I no longer eat cereal with milk.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Kristi P.
on 1/28/13 10:39 am - CT

I have a hard time doing milk and cereal. I have done the protein cereal and cereals like special K but I get very bad dumping from cereal and milk. If I do dry cereal I am totally fine.

poet_kelly
on 1/28/13 11:08 am - OH

I don't.  It feels heavy and uncomfortable in my pouch.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

65rosesmom
on 1/28/13 11:35 am

I haven't had cereal with milk since before surgery.  I don't miss it.   But I suppose its like any chunky soups....where I take the liquid first and then eat the rest.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

SoCaPinkLady
on 1/28/13 8:43 pm - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

I had a very small bowl of cereal the other night. Yes I used very little milk and enjoyed the change with something new to eat but it's not something I'd do very often.

Lori                               

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 1/28/13 11:32 pm
RNY on 01/10/12

I don't eat cereal (I'd rather save my limited carbs for other things!) but if I did, yes, I'd use a small amount of milk. I prefer it that way anyway. Not a fan of soggy cereal!

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

Barbara W.
on 1/29/13 4:18 am - Binghamton, NY
RNY on 02/06/13

My friend who is 7 weeks post op and myself 1 week preop ( indecision) just discussed this the other day. My thoughts ( keeping in mind I'm PRE op) was that with the small amount of milk that you would actually have with a small bite of cereal...once all chewed together would kind of be like adding a touch of gravy to meat to moisten it??? And when chewed together with the cereal it would be mush not liquid?

Barb

RNY scheduled 2/6/13

Lessoflinda
on 1/29/13 10:17 am - NY
Makes sense to me!

Linda, Endwell, NY RNY 11/5/12