Sleep Study

misspeachpie
on 1/30/13 2:01 am - FL
Hi guys!
I only have 2 things left to do on my checklist and one of them is a SLEEP STUDY! What can I expect? Please don't jude me but I have a phobia of sleeping in those beds....LOL
TIA
Aneitra
thynnlynn
on 1/30/13 2:16 am - MI

I do not know what you mean by "those beds".  I have had quite a few sleep studies and they have all been in a room that looks like a nice bedroom with a very comfortable bed and TV,  I always ask for a fan and I bring my own pillows.  You will be wired up all over your face, head and I think arms and legs.  You will be watched all night via a camera and everything will be monitored and recorded.  If you have to go to the bathroom during the night, you can just call out and they will hear you and come in and unhook where the wiring harness connects and you can go without any problems.

They wake you up quite early and out the door you go.  All of the sleep techs I have dealt with were very pleasant.  I hope this helps.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/30/13 2:18 am

For my first one, I went to the sleep center, got hooked up to some monitors (the peel and stick kind they stuck all over) and then went to sleep. It really wasn't bad at all. Now they do use a paste like substance to attach the sensors to your head, so give yourself extra time in the morning once you go home to shampoo your hair. That stuff takes some effort to remove.

My second sleep study involved wearing the cpap. Again, no big deal. Neither was a good night's sleep, but it was tolerable.

Then after my second sleep study, I saw my sleep doctor, got my cpap, and went on my way. This was long before surgery.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Lori F.
on 1/30/13 2:50 am - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12
Mine experience was the same as the other posters, but I had to do it twice. The first one was the diagnosis of sleep apnea and the second was with the cpap. My tech suggested to shower with the hottes****er you can stand and melt the goop out of your hair before shampooing. She said applying the shampoo directly to the goop has a tendency to bind it up and makes it harder to get out.

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way
HW: 375   ​SW: 342  GW:  140  HT: 5'7"  

Esta F.
on 1/30/13 3:41 am - IL
RNY on 07/25/12

my experience was the same as everyone else's....i also have problems sleeping when i'm away from home, so my dr. suggested a sleeping aid (sleeping pill) before the sleep study and everything went ok

wdwgram14
on 1/30/13 6:42 am

i was leary to . but it was a nice bed room like a hotel , i brought my ow pillows , i saw others did to  i ask dr for a valuim and she gave me two so i would not be so worried and went to sleep oh they gave me  a fan too :) then half way thru they wokw me and gave me a cpap machine and wow what a huge difference :) for the good

Cindyagogo
on 1/30/13 7:29 am
RNY on 02/21/12

My first sleep study was done at the hospital but in a room made to look like a home bedroom. My 2nd sleep study was very much the same except it was done in a hotel...a Sheraton close to the hospital. Went to sleep with a little help from a very mild sleep aid. Also woke me during the night to put on the CPAP.

misspeachpie
on 1/30/13 7:28 pm - FL
Thanks ladies...Tonight is the night. I'll be sure to give you guys a update.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 87 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 246 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 300 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 260 views