skin removal

Laura in Texas
on 2/1/13 6:51 am

I totally agree. I don't believe it would be that much. I had 2 square feet of skin removed and it only weighed 5 pounds.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/1/13 2:12 am, edited 2/1/13 2:17 am - OH

I agree with Kim.  If you have more than a couple of pounds worth to be removed, you are talking about having a LOT of fat and tissue removed, not just skin... which means you aren't done losing yet. My batwings were HUGE (there is a picture on my profile), and they were only about a pound and a half apiece!  My pannus was also quite large in terms of how low it hung down (surgeon estimated 15 pounds based on size), but it was only SIX pounds.  Ten pounds of skin and fat on each arm?!?!?

i understand being anxious to be rid of the excess skin and fat, but I have seen people who have had their arms and tummies done before they ere done losing, and the result is not particularly attractive, especially on the arms.  They do not have a natural, attractive silhouette when they have to "shape" how much fat they remove and from where.  If it is truly almost all skin, the surgeon just has to remove the skin and our natural arm contours will then show through.

Lora

edited to add that my arm pictures are not in my profile.  I cannot imagine why I would have removed them, or how else they would have disappeared, but will reload them tonight.

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics