RANT Atkins "treat" bars. Thoughts please-TMI warning.

lizpete
on 2/9/13 1:26 am - Marlboro, MA

Last night after shoveling snow for most of the day and being a little short on protein I decide that I would try one of the  Atkins Treat bars.  I got them free a few weeks ago.  I had the Carmel Nut Chew Bar,  Sounds Yummy Right?  130 calories,5 grams of protein,1 gram of sugar and 9 grams of Sugar alcohols.  Not bad, not great  but not bad as a treat.

OMG,  I have NEVER been so sick.  It came about 10 mins after I finished. It was coming from both ends of my body and PAIN !!  I was not sure if it would ever end.  The episode lasted almost 2 hrs.   I actually vomited!!  I have not done that for a very long time and not since way before the surgery. 

I am not a big fan of protein bars as a rule, Quest are OK  but I am not thrilled with the texture, Zone bars have nice texture but some of the flavors are   ehhhh.  I try to eat "real" foods.  I usually use them as an emergency food.  But after last night's problem  I think I may be done with them.

Thanks for listening.

Weighting2Bskinny
on 2/9/13 1:29 am
Oh! That is horrible.

GOD BLESS YOU            
TXKashmir
on 2/9/13 1:34 am - Grand Prairie, TX

Yep - an Atkins bar was the first thing I tried that let me know I dump on sugar alcohols! You have my deep sympathies - hope you're doing better today!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

65rosesmom
on 2/9/13 3:51 am

Wow, that is horrific.  I have had less intense episodes, but nothing from something so seemingly fine.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

mpjones
on 2/9/13 4:00 am

Thanks for the information--I was actually looking at them today--glad I didn't get them. Sorry they affected ( or is it effected???) you in such a horrible way !!!

Most Active