Drinking, eating constantly

HFrederick613
on 2/9/13 11:45 am - PA

I am 4 days post op and feel like I am always trying to drink or eat liquids.  I never feel hungry and don't know if I should be experiencing anything else. Is anyone else like this?

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/9/13 1:54 pm - OH

What you are experiencing is 100% normal.  Your surgeon's office should have told you what to expect post-op, but I know that some do not.  You pretty much HAVE to be either eating or drinking during most of your waking hours when you are early out because with the small pouch (that is temporarily even smaller because of the swelling from surgery) that is often the only way to get enough in.

You aren't hungry because some of the nerves were cut during the surgery. Usually, hunger will return in a few weeks to a couple of months (it varies a LIT from one person to another, and some people never get back the traditional sense of hunger).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

apurdie
on 2/9/13 2:06 pm - CA

This is your job right now and you need to do this to heal.  It gets so much easier after 2 weeks.

LaToya N.
on 2/9/13 4:39 pm - MD
RNY on 11/19/12

I felt like a newborn after surgery because all I did was eat, drink and sleep.  What you are experiencing is totally normal.

HFrederick613
on 2/9/13 9:25 pm - PA

Thank you so much, I was really worried.

heather

Most Active
Recent Topics