depressed

brt11565
on 2/14/13 7:12 pm - KY
RNY on 12/11/12

over 2 months since rny. i am gaining weight. i range from 1 to 4 pounds going up and down. my nurse told me to eat more proteins. well i have been for 3 days now and still gaining. i have been like this for over a month now. is there any other ideas where i can jump start my body to lose weight?

poet_kelly
on 2/14/13 7:41 pm - OH

Are you retaining water?  I don't see how you could possibly be eating enough to gain weight so soon.  You have to eat 3500 extra calories to gain one pound. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

brt11565
on 2/14/13 7:48 pm - KY
RNY on 12/11/12

nope no water retintion. i do not know what is going on. i have increased my proteins form in the 60 to 80s. calories range from 450 to 650 a day.

artroxy blue
on 2/14/13 8:05 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

Are you drinking enough water? Have you started to introduce some carbs into your diet per your plan? 

It's also possible you're just having a plateau at the moment. Have you been measuring yourself along the way? Sometimes when the scale isn't moving, you're losing inches. Good luck! :)

SoCaPinkLady
on 2/14/13 9:18 pm - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

Are you constipated?  If so that can cause the scale to go up.

Lori                               

brt11565
on 2/14/13 9:27 pm - KY
RNY on 12/11/12

i used the bathroom yesterday for the first time in 6 days. i am stoll softners. the only thing i eat is proteins.

cajungirl
on 2/14/13 9:24 pm

Give us an idea of what you are eating, how much water, any exercise?  How much have you lost since surgery?  Also, if you haven't done so take your measurements.  I always encourage people to take measurements, for many, when the scale is stuck the inches are melting away.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Mal
on 2/14/13 10:11 pm

What are you doing for exercise? 

Debbie W.
on 2/14/13 10:25 pm
RNY on 12/11/12

We had surgery the same day, it seems you are doing ok.  I had two stalls, very disappointing while you are going thru it but it does end and you lose.  I have never gained....are you eating a lot of carbs?  I walk 40 min on treadmill 5-6 days a week and sometimes I add a protein bar to bring me up to 800 calories.  When I had my first 12 day stall I added a couple hundred calories  and it broke the stall.   I would Ty more protein and more water (more than the 64 oz).  Good luck!

Gizzys
on 2/14/13 10:59 pm - Canada

I tend to weigh twice a day and find that I bop between about 3-4 lbs.  The morning I may be 3 lbs lighter but then by evening I am 3 lbs heavier.

Giselle

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?