is this the norm? Incison that tacked to muscle?

helenm71
on 2/15/13 7:15 am

i notice di have one incsion that is way more painful and way bigger and the nurse in hosptial said
" ph thats where she attached the muscle" my stomach looks somewhat distored and she said it iwll  l;ook normal once the fat is gone. but it hurts. im 5 days out and it really hurts. im just taking tylenol which seems to help but doesn ayone else have one liek this?

thanks helen

alaskasusan
on 2/15/13 7:22 am - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

Which one is it Helen?  I have one that sounds similar on the top left side just below the breast that does that.  It's the one that hurts the most and seems to pull.  I can handle it but I wonder if that is the same thing you are describing.  I didn't know about attaching a muscle...?  Hmm.

helenm71
on 2/15/13 7:27 am

yes thats where it is its a pretty big one, and its the main one that just hurts like a hummer. how quickly i forget i was just stabbed a few days ago.indecisionlol

wellsgirljourney
on 2/15/13 7:30 am

I had one incision that was bigger then the others Doctor said he took gallbladder out and that was why it was bigger.  He said he had to cut the muscle and that is why it is pulling and burning.  I had the pulling and burning for three weeks and then magically one day it was gone.  I don't feel it at all now.

Laurie

brenlee1965
on 2/15/13 7:41 am - New Berlin, NY
It is normal......I had that Pain and they have to do the sutures into muscle;couldn't attach to bone or fat (LOL)....I overdid a couple weeks after surgery & ended up feeling the deep sutures (it was the worst pain) I had to have more Lortab for it; Tylenol didn't touch the pain. Then one day; it was just GONE! It was the biggest incision(on the left) and it was the one that all of the movement & work was done through; also I had my gallbladder out (which caused lots of work & time) and so it was more noticeable. It all gets better & better as time passes! But I can sympathize with you.....hope it gets better quickly for you!
 Bren                
helenm71
on 2/15/13 8:00 am

Thanks, Bren, Do you know what it is they are stiching to a muscle?

absolutemomtwofour
on 2/15/13 8:30 am
RNY on 02/11/13

Sounds just like mine except mine is on the right side right under my breast.  It is the most paiful and really the only one that caused me sever pain right after surgery.  I noticed mine was kinda deformed but thought it was just due to the incision healing. I will ask my surgeon next week when I see him

Most Active
Recent Topics