4 Weeks out had ground beef!!!

Nmcmurray
on 2/19/13 11:14 pm - Suitland , MD

Tried ground beef last night after some research and actually feel better!!! made some tacos for my family and had a little bit of the meat with some salsa and light sour cream it was good and the protein made me feel so much better than anything i have had til date after surgery.  I don't know if it made me feel better cause i wanted it or the lack of protein.  

charjames
on 2/20/13 12:05 am - PA
RNY on 10/30/12

yum!  Maybe try some chili too.  good protein with the beans, etc. : )  way to go!

apurdie
on 2/20/13 12:10 am - CA

There is nothing like real food to make you feel better.  Try some ground turkey!

Sonia316
on 2/20/13 12:20 am - Mineral, VA

I am about 10 weeks post op and I am back to a fairly regular diet.  i am learning to cook more fresh foods...no more boxed stuff.  I also eat 6 small meals a day even if its just half a protein bar.  I would love to share recipes and my husband is being a great ally and trying everything I make.

angeleigh
on 2/20/13 3:30 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

When I make tacos for the family I make them using the meat, and once that is browned, drained, I add in a can of refried beans and taco sauce or salsa. It is so good and makes the meat really creamy. Plus its extra protein. http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/11/how-to-make-hard -taco-shells-in-your-ovenplus-a-recipe-for-baked-tacos.html

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Most Active
Recent Topics