I may have a new job! Woo hoo!

artroxy blue
on 2/23/13 5:33 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

A friend let me know his company is looking for another customer service person, and I may have the job! I'm so excited to be among adult conversation again, but a little sad about putting my daughter in daycare. We don't have anyone to watch her FT, so daycare it is. It will probably be good for her, though. It will give her a chance to socialize more--she's a social butterfly at 2. LOL

juleskar
on 2/23/13 5:57 am
I had to go back to full time work after my divorce. I felt extremely guilty for having to put my 1 1/2 yo in daycare. My 2 sisters were both stay at home moms and never failed to mention to me how their kids were much better off than my daughter, since they felt daycare was horrible. My daughter is now a 15 yo in high school. She is very social and able to deal with the pressures of high school. My 2 sisters kids? They are very shy and are pressured by their peers to do things illegal and immoral, because they never learned how to stand up for themselves and say "no". I'm not bashing other stay at home moms. I'm only commenting on my daughter vs her cousins.
Don't feel bad or guilty for putting your child in daycare. Be sure it's a reputable, safe place for her. I would show up unexpectedly at different times to observe how she was doing and look in on other teachers/classrooms too, to ensure the integrity of all the employees, not just the class my daughter was in, since the children are exposed to multiple people while employees are on breaks/lunch or even absent due to illness.
Good luck and congrats on the possible new job!!
Jilly Bean
on 2/23/13 6:52 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

Don't feel guilty!  Congrats on the new job!

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Calla Lily
on 2/23/13 10:38 am
RNY on 01/23/12

Congrats on the new job! I can remember when my kids had to start daycare how fast they seemed to grow up and all they learned from it, I bet your daughter will have fun!

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

Ladytazz
on 2/23/13 12:13 pm

Technology is great!  There are places now that have web cams set up so you can "visit" your child any time.  There is probably even an app for it.  That should give you peace of mind to be able to pop in whenever you want to see how she is doing.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

artroxy blue
on 2/23/13 8:19 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

Thanks everyone! 

I'm actually not nervous about putting her in daycare--just a little sad about not spending the whole day with her. However, I know it's really good for both of us. I'm looking into a daycare that is right down the street from the office, which would be super convenient. There's also one very close to our house that I'm looking into as well. That would be good because my husband's job will be down the street from that one. We'll work it out soon. kiss

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 438 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views