How many of you are on the 2 week preop liquid diet and how many of you are not?

Poppygail
on 3/1/13 6:04 pm - Florence, KY
RNY on 03/06/13

I'm on the 7th day of a 10 day liquid pre-op diet and so far so good! Hope it continues. Good luck everyone!

honestlinzel
on 3/1/13 6:27 pm - CA
I love hearing what everyone is doing. It's interesting that there are so many different things.

RNY Surgery was on 4/12/2013. Now currently on the Never hungry ever bench

Starting weight: 320lbs

Current Weight:  203lbs

df5768
on 3/2/13 9:52 am - Merrimack, NH

I had a 2 week 1000 cal low carb low fat diet and then the day before surgery it's clear liquids only

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/2/13 11:11 am - OH

I did not have any pre-op liquid diet (just the day before surgery).  Good thing, too, because I doubt that I could have done it.  I probably would not have been able to do it after surgery, either, so part of my decision making process when selection a surgeon was asking out the post-op food plan.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

honestlinzel
on 3/2/13 11:23 am - CA
Oh I have to do it after for 2 weeks

2 weeks of liquid
2 weeks of puréed
2 weeks of soft food

RNY Surgery was on 4/12/2013. Now currently on the Never hungry ever bench

Starting weight: 320lbs

Current Weight:  203lbs

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/2/13 11:52 am, edited 3/2/13 11:53 am - OH

Yeah.  That wouldn't have worked for me.  I was eating soft food on Day Three, because my surgeon is one of the ones who has found that people do better with eating after surgery (in terms of not getting sick and having "finicky" pouches)  if they don't "baby" their pouch with an extended period of liquids, etc... (Even the other surgeon I seriously considered only required a week of liquids post-op, a week of purées, and then on to soft foods.)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics