OK I know I chose this but ......

SusieD48
on 3/1/13 1:23 am
RNY on 02/11/13

I just need to vent.  Whoever thought Gastric Bypass is the easy way out has never been through it.  I am almost at 3 weeks post op (February 11, 2013) and if I have to look at another pureed food I will kill someone!!!!!!! I thought I had found something wonderful with pureed pea soup but then had a massive gas attack for 2 days and the pain was excruciating.  I just want to sleep through the next week and get to the regular food stage.  It's not that I want unhealthy food (although my mind thinks about all those delicious horribly unhealthy foods I used to eat:), I am craving a beautiful salad like it was a double cheeseburger.  I keep getting headaches because I am not getting enough food in because I can't stand almost anything pureed and I have been eating egg beaters and greek yogurt and wonton soup broth.  I know this gets better from reading other people's posts but Gosh I wish I could fast forward to then.  Just want to cry and go back to before I did this surgery.  I am still having pain around my incisions too and have no pain meds so that just adds to my misery!!!!!!!  While writing this on my lunch break at work, I am now crying in my office like a fool.  Also I can't find comfortable clothes to wear and went last night but couldn't find any elastic waist pants to wear for work.  Ugh!!!  How can I be this miserable when I have lost 51.5 pounds since my journey began???? Sorry for the rant and the pity party but this sucks!!!!!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/13 1:39 am
RNY on 04/18/12

I don't know what to tell you except that it really does get better.  The first few weeks are the hardest.  I'm 10 months out now and I am just thrilled with my new lifestyle.  Stick with your plan and get enough liquids and protein in.  The food is boring now, but before you know it you will be able to eat "normal" foods again.  I say "normal" because what was normal for me at 273 pounds (heaviest weight) is not normal for me now.

Look at this one day at a time for now and it won't seem like it's going to be like this forever.  Because it really isn't going to be like this forever.  :)

Best of luck to you and let us know how you are progressing!

doloresd
on 3/1/13 1:44 am - FL

Hang in there.  It is all going to be good and well worth the sacrifice.

Sherrie P.
on 3/1/13 1:48 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Yep.  I agree it sucks. I am five days farther out than you and nothing is normal.

Have you looked at theworldaccordingtoeggface.com - Shelly has a pureed food list.  I never thought I would like canned chili!

We went from liquids for 2 weeks to anything I can mash with a fork. 

You are also releasing a lot of hormones stored in your fat cells - so that is making you emotional too.  I jus****ched a funny episode on bariatrictv.com over my lunch break that talked about WLS Puberty.  Wild emotions and all.

There is no going back - but if you listen to most folks on here, they love the road they are on.  They just happen to be further down it.

Hang in there.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

SusieD48
on 3/1/13 1:59 am
RNY on 02/11/13

Thank you everyone for the replies, I know it gets better from the posts and just hearing it from others helps so much!!! 

daphneb
on 3/1/13 2:03 am - AK

Yes, I completely understand your dilemma.  I literally lived off of refried beans, soup, sugar-free popsicles, oatmeal, etc... for the first few weeks.  Even after that, my diet was still pretty limited as I tried to venture into soft foods and regular foods.  I am seven months out and I still have my moments where things will not agree with me. 

Hang in there, it does get easier.  You do get to eat more variety, but for me it was around the three month mark when I started to eat other things.  I used to love cheeseburgers too, but now I have to remove the bun because I just cannot handle breads at all (which is just as well).

So sad, but being down nearly 90lbs has been well worth the struggles.  It really changes your life in so many ways!

SusieD48
on 3/1/13 2:26 am
RNY on 02/11/13

Congratulations Daphne and thanks for the feedback.  I am going to go to grocery store after work and see if I can find some new items.  Possibly a butternut squash soup or something like that.  I know I am supposed to avoid cream soups but at this point I am desperate for something with flavor!!!

Laura in Texas
on 3/1/13 2:30 am

Are you drinking protein shakes? I hated the pureed stage so I just stayed on protein shakes for over a month until I was able to slowly introduce real food. It really does get better. I promise.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

SusieD48
on 3/1/13 4:13 am
RNY on 02/11/13

Protein shakes gag me but I am drinking the Atkins ones.  They are only 15 grams of protein but only have 1 gram of sugar so at least I feel I am getting something in.  Any suggestions for better tasting shakes is appreciated.

Candy V.
on 3/1/13 1:13 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

Have you tried premier protein shakes?  You can get them at Sams club.  They are premade and have 30 g of protein in 11 ounces.  I like the chocolate and have one every morning on my way to work. 

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM