Protein bars

obsessedoveranumbe
r

on 3/5/13 4:31 am

Do you have a certain type of bar you like? Can you eat all of it at once? I am 2.5 yrs. out and need to increase my protein. THANKS!

cajungirl
on 3/5/13 4:50 am

I don't eat them often because it's like crack to me, but Power Crunch bars are delicious IMO.  Many like the Quest bars, I didn't care for them and they made me feel sick.

If I'm using the protein bar as a meal then I can eat the whole thing, as a snack no I'll eat half and save the rest for later.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

JaneJetson60
on 3/5/13 8:48 am
RNY on 05/07/12

cajungirl, you are soooo funny!   Like crack, omg I laughed and laughed.    Jane

anniechanging
on 3/5/13 4:51 am

Best protein bars I've tried are "Oh Yeah" - available at Costco.  They are smaller than others, and not as dense, and yes, I can eat one slowly, over 15 mins or so (I am 15 weeks out from my surgery).  15 g of protein and they taste better than many I've tried.  i've also tried "Pure Protein" from Costco and they're okay in a pinch, but they're heavier.  They have 20 g of protein.  Both varieties, depending on the flavour, have 180-200 calories each.  Good luck. 

abrannume
on 3/5/13 4:53 am - willingboro, NJ
RNY on 04/04/12

I like this one from Nature Valley, but I don't eat them often because of the carbs.

Kim S.
on 3/5/13 5:07 am - Helena, AL

I only eat them when traveling as a meal......and I like the Luna Protein bars.

poet_kelly
on 3/5/13 5:38 am - OH

Quest bars are a good choice with lots of protein and not much sugar.  I prefer Luna bars and Zone Perfect bars, though.  I think they are tastier.  They have less protein and more sugar than the Quest bars, though.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Jilly Bean
on 3/5/13 5:41 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

I love Power Crunch bars. So yummy. I probably eat 2 a week. Great to keep at my desk for lunch. 

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/13 5:50 am
RNY on 04/18/12

I like the Quest bars.  I think some of them are quite tasty while some of them are only okay.  My favorites are Cinnamon Roll and Lemon Cream Pie, but I also a few others.

Kallen27
on 3/5/13 7:17 am
I like Quest bars can someone name some flavors of the protein crunch you like? Thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 99 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 300 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 260 views