wound healing questions

meeshelle
on 3/9/13 11:12 am
RNY on 03/04/13

I am 5 days post op and the visiting nurses come out to pack my wounds...yes I say wounds apparently i had a cyst in my belly button asplode 2 days after surgery and that even had noting to do with the surgery lol leave it to me to complicate things.

anywhoo its quite painful now as im sure all the good iv meds are really wearing off how long did you all have to pack it before it can be stopped and when it becomes pain free?

Visit my blog as I travel this new developing road. :)

http://iveweightedalongtimeforthis.blogspot.com/

Eva1230
on 3/9/13 11:48 am
Mine dont have to be packed and actually are healing up nicely I'm four days post op.
Seems like you will have to heal from the inside out which would probably take longer than laparoscopic with no complications
I hope you heal fast!
(Protein helps build new tissue)
wmamey
on 3/9/13 11:54 pm
RNY on 06/18/12
Since it is not a surgical wound that might complicate things a little. Is it infected? I imagine that having decreased nutritional intake is going to have something to do with it as well. Make sure that you are getting your protein! That is extremely important for wound healing!

meeshelle
on 3/10/13 10:08 am
RNY on 03/04/13

it is a surgical wound its where they went in with the camera the other one was my belly button but that is pretty much healed up now the other still hurts when the nurse comes to pack it :(

Visit my blog as I travel this new developing road. :)

http://iveweightedalongtimeforthis.blogspot.com/

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/10/13 11:06 am - OH

It really depends on your surgeon's preference, how deep the wound is, and how quickly the tissue regenerates.  Some surgeons prefer to continue packing the wound until the tissue regenerates almost to the skin level while others prefer to leave the wounds open to the air as much as possible.  I had a very deep wound from my tummy tuck incision and I had to pack it twice daily for 5 months. It only hurt for a couple of weeks.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views