Question....all new for me...sorry TMI

Sherry T.
on 3/13/13 1:11 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

I'm 10 months out and I've thrown up once....I had sphagetti sauce with ground beef and I knew as soon as it hit, it was coming up...fast forward to yesterday.   Didn't really have much for brkfst so I made me and my son a PBJ on the Nature Made sandwich rounds...I've eat it before and measured it but after I ate it....I got nauseated and sick on my stomach....had to throw up but nothing came....maybe it's what you call the foamies? 

So, I really threw me for a loop when I ate some sherbert...I now know it was too much sugar because when I went to walmart...I broke out in a sweat and had to sit down before I fell down.  

Now I've been nauseauted all day....ate my normal special k sandwich but my pouch was not happy with that either...but it stayed down.  Just have felt like crap..trying to drink my water and see if i can flu**** out...just wondering what I've done and need to correct!! No more sugar that's for sure.

Thanks!

Sherry

Dee.spunk
on 3/13/13 1:23 am - Sacramento, CA
It could also be the carbs. I can't eat to many carbs without feeling sick. I stick to either protein or veggies. Everyonce in a while ill eat popcorn

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Kim S.
on 3/13/13 2:44 am - Helena, AL

I'm not a dumper, but I do have certain things that make me feel awful....and real ice cream or sherbet are two of them.  If I eat the real stuff, I get nauseous, fast heart beat and just have to lie down.  So, I don't eat those anymore.  I can eat sugar free/no sugar added ice cream/frozen yogurt just fine. 

The carbs and the sugar are likely the culprits.  Stick to protein first.  And when I have one of these "episodes" it takes me the rest of the day to feel better....almost like recovering from a hang over.

Sherry T.
on 3/13/13 3:19 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

I think you hit the nail on the head....it was fat free sherbert but man the sugar was killer....definitely gonna watch that from now on and stick to my sugar free fudgesickles for 40 calories....I think it's cause I was home with the kid and I was bored....even went out and tried to ride my bike but I need more room than I had so I gave up plus he wanted to ride too and he was supposed to be sick...LOL  Always learning :)   

Thanks Kim and Dee!!

Sherry

selhard
on 3/13/13 4:50 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

I don't know if I am a dumper or not, but I sure don't plan to intentionally find out...reading experiences help keep it that way, too. Thank you.

PamLane
on 3/13/13 7:59 am - Houston, TX

Everything that you describe eating was full of carbs.  Try eating boiled eggs, deli meat (shaved), string cheese, low carb yogurt., etc.   When I eat too many carbs I go into a "carb coma", hot, tired, and dizzy.  BTW I am 9 years out in July.  Hang in there!!!

Pam
Life quits being a struggle when you quit struggling