My fitness pal

Tracy91002
on 3/16/13 9:16 am
RNY on 01/17/13

Does anyone know how to enter a recipe in my fitness pal to see how many calories it has?  Thanks in advance.

Katie K.
on 3/16/13 9:21 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
As far as I know, you have to know all the numbers in advance when you create the entry. I'd also like to know if there's a simpler way.
I haven't started yet, still waiting to hear from the hospital about insurance and their program. Is there a setting on Myfitnesspal for wls people or will it constantly tell you that you're not eating enough?
pararomancemom
on 3/16/13 9:37 am - NC
RNY on 03/20/13

Hi, I use My Fitness Pal and love it.  It keeps me on track.  You need to go under Settings and adjust the calorie amount to that which your nutritionist/MD told you to have as intake.  Otherwise, it is great!  The default settings are for "normal' folks, which we are not.  You can also add you vitamins/supplements under 'snacks' to get accurate nutrition information.

Good Luck!enlightened

Ht: 5'4"; HW 239, SW 220, CW 204, GW125 

katzmeow13
on 3/16/13 9:40 am
There is a recie section where you can enter a recipe, ingrediants and number of portions... It will calculate everything for you and save your recipe

HW:282      pre-opti W: 268       CW: 172.       SW:255.5

Surgery: RNY   Jan. 17, 2013   Dr Raiche   OTTAWA

Misty Morgan
on 3/16/13 9:46 am - Goshen , OH
RNY on 04/24/13
You can click on ADD TO DIARY. Select the meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack). And the click on the RECIPE tab. Scroll down and click ADD RECIPE. From there you just enter the name of the dish, add the servings and click NEXT. once there just click ADD INGREDIENTS. and once your done click SAVE.

Now to update or change the recipe you can go through settings. But my way will save some time if your adding it to your diary anyways.