surgery without complications and to do or not to do the first 3 months after surgery

maryottawa
on 3/20/13 10:08 pm - Canada
Thank your very important the breathing exercises

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Louise1974
on 3/19/13 7:22 am

I imagine that sometimes complications just happen but I agree with all the suggestions given above.  Especially about the walking and that damned breathing thing they make you do.  It sucked but really helped.  I would also add that I worked hard to be as healthy as possible before surgery.  I exercised, I ate well, I did the liquid diet, I made sure I got a lot of sleep for the few weeks before(often overlooked, sleep deprivation weakens the immune system which puts you at risk for infection, slow healing...)  I also swear by guided imagery and got the surgery guided imagery from healthjourneys.com by Belleruth Naparstek and listened a few times before surgery and again while I was waiting for surgery to start.  It was hugely helpful and I really think it helped with my recovery and nerves.  I had a great surgery with zero complications.  I was in some pain and discomfort but I got up and walked and after 10 days I was going on small hikes.  I followed the doctor's orders to a t and took it slow and easy with the food.  I was vigilant about drinking adequate water and getting protein in.  I have lost 80 pounds and am so happy with my choice.  congrats on getting your date.  This journey isn't easy but it has been pretty great for me.  I am six months out.

maryottawa
on 3/20/13 10:11 pm - Canada
Thank you so much. I hope the same to me

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Most Active
Recent Topics