Suggestions for Food at Disneyland?/ riding rides

threepugs
on 3/20/13 5:27 am - CA

I don't know what food to take to Disneyland or eat while I am there.  I do not want to be a bother to the group I am going with.  Part of the fun of Disneyland is the food.  I also am worried about some of the rides.  I had so many complications that I do not want to cause something to go wrong in there.  Does anyone have any suggestions? 

debbie A.
on 3/20/13 5:40 am - inland empire, CA

I dont really have any suggestions, I am a new post op. But how far out are you from surgery?

threepugs
on 3/20/13 6:00 am - CA

I had my first surgery Sept. 5, 2012.  My last day in the hospital from complications was November 11.  For activities I am going by the November date.

Pink-Azalea
on 3/20/13 5:45 am - Canada

I haven't had surgery yet so I don't have alot of info on food..... depending on what you are able to eat at that point..... but anything that won't expire in the sun.... maybe the pre canned tuna kits...... if you take a stroller or something like that you can always carry a little cooler with you.

If I remember right Disney has pretty much any fast food you can think of to eat, lots of ice cream places, think some of the places maybe served chili, and sandwhiches that weren't deep fried.  There was bottled water and gatorade/power drinks every where to buy.  Also most park passes let you leave the park and come back the same day..... so you could go to a restaurant down the road too

As for rides.... If you stuck to the ones that are safe for pregnant people or even heart patients you would probably be fine.  I went when I was 5 mos pregnant...... I am not one for big roller coasters I'm a big chicken lol...... I just stuck to the pregnant friendly rides and didn't have a problem ...... the only one that made my stomach feel weird was pirates of the Caribbean cause it has a little drop in it, but it wasn't bad.

Disney is really good about rating the rides for people that are pregnant, have heart problems, seizures or other disabilities.....they have a big sign outside every ride telling you who shouldn't go on it..... also you can look up the rides on line and it will tell you.

If you go to Universal I think all their rides said no pregnant people..... they were a little overboard.... even the tram ride that does nothing they said no prego..... but I asked and they said it was a nausea thing and not a injury precaution... so I went on it and it was fine.... the tram only moves on the ground like a car lol

Hope that helps.... wear comfy shoes!!

threepugs
on 3/20/13 5:51 am - CA

Great idea on the rides, Thank you.  The packaged tuna is a great idea too.  Sometimes Tuna gets stuck, I just have to remember to be careful! 

MinnieMouse1
on 3/20/13 6:03 am
RNY on 12/06/12

I think cheese sticks, pre packaged peanut butter, fruit, veggies, sugar free pudding and jello.  I also think that all rides should be fine by then.  I fit into all rides even at my heaviest of 285.  As long as you don't have an back problems and you are complication free. Always ask your dr if you have any concerns.

threepugs
on 3/20/13 6:09 am - CA

I LOVE your username!  Thank you for the suggestions.  I forgot about the pre packaged peanut butter I bought for the trip.  I plan on buying a pineapple and cutting it up like the ones sold in the park. 

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 3/20/13 6:23 am
RNY on 01/10/12

Here are the menus for all the restaurants: http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/menus.htm

And here's a number you can call to request special diets (24 hours in advance): 714-781-DINE

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

threepugs
on 3/20/13 2:19 pm - CA
Thank you!
madeformore
on 3/20/13 6:35 am - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

We just went to DisneyLand in Feb. I was just over 7 months post-op. I shared many meals with my husband - you can always ask if anyone wants to share in your group. You might be surprised! If we ordered a sandwich (hamburger, grilled chicken, etc), I just took mine off the bun to eat it. And there was a place in DisneyLand called the Plaza Inn that had chicken dinners and potroast. Again, too big of meals for just me but at least good protein options. I also had some items that I brought along - I started everyday with breakfast in our hotel - it was included and there was typically an egg or breakfast meat option for good protein and fresh fruit. I also had brought some protein drinks and bars with me, just in case I needed them. I kept turkey jerkey and cheesesticks handy as well. I believe I also had almonds with me. I really didn't have any difficulties figuring out food, as long as you are willing to either share or throw away uneaten food.

You may find this site helpful:

www.disneyland.disney.go.com/dining

As for rides, I rode some of the major rollercoasters w/o issue. But I was a bit further out from you and hadn't had any complications so I may not be the best one to give you advice on that.

Good luck and HAVE FUN! :) We had an amazing trip & I hope you do too.

Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

Most Active
Recent Topics