Food fear

Tracy91002
on 3/20/13 11:10 am
RNY on 01/17/13

Do any of you have a sorta fear of food or eating?  I am constantly fighting the fear of eating.  Not because it will hurt my pouch, but because I'm afraid either I won't be able to stop or I won't lose weight.  Maybe I need to see a therapist.  Just curious if I was alone in this.

yippeex8
on 3/20/13 11:59 am - Jenison, MI

You're not alone! You need to eat to live, so treat food like a prescription medication, not like our past, when we would live to eat!

absolutemomtwofour
on 3/20/13 12:02 pm
RNY on 02/11/13

You are not alone. i feel the same way but we have come so far, I know we can succeed.  It will not hurt to speak to a therapist it gives you someone to help you through all of your emotions.  This is a big change physically and emotionally. But I also am afraid to eat for fear of thinking well this was ok so why not this and then it gets us right into trouble again.  Keep up the good work, keep your confidence going and you will be ok

Mamaof6Blessings
on 3/20/13 12:29 pm - New Brighton, PA
Absolutemomtwofour
I had my surgery the day after you, and also had dr. Felix. I would love to talk with you about how you are doing. I am struggling to get in enough food, and I am so afraid to go over my calories. I keep having these stalls and am worried the weight will never come off! I am the mother to 6!

Edie

scarlettbegonias
on 3/20/13 9:56 pm - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12

Find a therapist who deals with rny or eating disorders- I think everyone that has this surgery should be seeing a therapist- best thing I ever did!!

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

Joyceebaby
on 3/20/13 10:04 pm, edited 3/20/13 10:05 pm
RNY on 11/29/12

I certainly relate.  Truth is, we all have/had a very unhealthy relationship with food.  We are either wanting to stuff ourselves, or we want to have absolute control and never eat an unhealthy morsel ever.  It's very Very VERY difficult to find a healthy balance.  It's not like an alcoholic or drug addict who can never touch the stuff again.  We MUST eat. Therefore we must learn to develop a healthy attitude towards food.  I agree with the others to see a therapist/counselor.  I see  a counselor a couple of times each month.  It really helps.

Tracy91002
on 3/20/13 11:15 pm
RNY on 01/17/13

Thanks everyone.  Good to know I'm not alone.  I'm definitely going to seek out a therapist who specializes in eating disorders.

spotcat6
on 3/21/13 12:30 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 05/07/12

I am bi-polar so i have been seeing a therapist for several years but it has helped me a ton since the surgery. my therapist has taken it upon herself to educate herself about weight loss so that she can help me over come some of the obsticles we put up ourselves.Therapy is a wonderful tool that can help us if we let it.