Just curious.....

Sherry T.
on 3/22/13 6:07 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

Is there anyone who lost a significant amount of weight but was still considered overweight?   I have lost 133 pounds to date (10 months today actually!) and I still would realistically like to lose 70 more pounds (in the 190's)....that will put me in onderland since I haven't been there since probably 10th grade but I never see myself at 150 and that's the high side for my height.  My ob/gyn said I should weigh 134, this was right after I had surgery and had my checkup....I looked at him like he'd lost his ever loving mind.  LOL My goal was 150 lbs lost by 1 year...that's what I gained in a 4 year relationship.  I'm sitting here at work and wondering all sorts of things....LOL 

Thanks for your insight!

Sherry

Sassyflamingo
on 3/22/13 6:29 am
RNY on 06/14/12

I've lost 144 and I'm still Obese! So.... I feel ya! 

Oxford Comma Hag
on 3/22/13 6:38 am

Me. I've gone from 314 to 183, which some would find disappointing. Not me, though. I am much healthier than I have been in years and I feel good.

You know the BMI tables are flawed, right? I decided to aim for a healthy body fat percentage, weight be damned. I am working at getting it under 30%, then I will work on getting it under 25%.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/22/13 6:42 am - OH

There are a number of people here who still have an "overweight" BMI, but the BMI is a straight height-weight ratio that does not take muscle or bone mass into account.  I went from size 30 pants to size 10 pants, lost 190 pounds, but am right on the line between a "normal" and "overweight" BMI, but I have big boobs, very muscular thighs, and heavy bones in my legs (but not in the rest of my body) and my body fat % is only 24 (which is considered "optimum" for a 50 year old woman).  The BMI chart was created in the 1700's when people were MUCH smaller in general.  Body fat percentage is a MUCH better indicator of whether you are at a healthy weight or not.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Sherry T.
on 3/22/13 7:57 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12
Thanks, I was curious because for me anything under 250 is going to be insanely crazy but in a momentus way. It's been so long since I've seen anything remotely close to 220....was in high school. I'm very happy and everyday makes me know that this was the best decision I ever made. ((((Hugs))))) to all of you! Sherry