Snacks???

sarahawest84
on 3/22/13 7:16 am - ID

I had my surgery in February and I was wondering if anyone had ideas for snacks. I get the munchies and I can never find anything because of the no carbs, sugar, fresh veggies and fruit. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

kim_emma02
on 3/22/13 7:49 am - Ontario, Canada

Babybel or Laughing Cow cheese and melba toast (if you are allowed) are all good!

RNY 02/04/2013 with Dr Starr

madeformore
on 3/22/13 8:23 am - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

Yep, string cheese or cheese sticks. Greek yogurt if allowed. Lots of people like cottage cheese (i'm not one of them). lunchmeat slices. Basically, anything you would do for a meal could be made into a snack. Oh, and nuts & turkey jerky when you are allowed, if you don't have sodium issues you are concerned with.

Good luck!

Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

Kim7777
on 3/22/13 12:50 pm - NC
RNY on 02/04/13

Wheat thins saved me!  I had surgery on 2/4 and I was having the same problem and asked my nutritionist and that's what she told me.  I also eat nuts and peanut butter graham crackers.  Hope this helps:)

Skinnygirlme
on 3/22/13 2:27 pm - UT
RNY on 09/05/12
I like sunflower seeds. In the shell. Takes longer to eat them when you have to get the shell off first! Love the salt.
  I believe in me...the best is yet to be!                        
sarahawest84
on 3/23/13 4:12 am - ID

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I see my nutritionist in a few days so I'm sure she'll have some ideas too! :)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/23/13 4:15 am - OH

Turkey pepperoni microwaved until crispy, and almonds or cashews if you are allowed those at this point.  I would also suggest, though, that you look at what is behind those "munchies" because snacking is one of the things that got most of us in weight trouble in the first place and can be problematic in the future even if you try to stick to healthy snack foods.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

sarahawest84
on 3/23/13 5:35 am - ID

Good idea, thanks! I did talk to my doctor about feeling hungry between meals and he said it's totally normal and if I didn't feel that way he'd be surprised. It's not like I'm looking to eat a lot, just a few bites of something to hold me over until my next meal. So it shouldn't be a problem later.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views