Salad!!!!

michellemuss
on 3/24/13 4:08 am

I love salad and I am starting my pre-op diet.  Does anyone have issues with salad and potatoes after the surgery has been completed?

Thank you

Tammy S.
on 3/24/13 4:50 am - DE
My surgery was in December. I eat salad a lot. I add chicken, cheese, chick peas, egg, things like that to keep it high protein. It sits in my pouch well. So do potatoes. I would like to try a little tuna on my salad but last time I tried tuna it didn't go well....and I can't eat onion on my salad...i loved onion pre surgery but just can't tolerate them now....good luck...

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/24/13 4:56 am - OH

I can eat salad, but generally choose not to (although I occasionally eat just the vegetables from one) because it is a lot of filler with not a lot of nutritional  value. The same goes for potatoes, which are very high in carbs and offer little else (and usually include something high fat like butter or are prepared with fat).  There are only a couple of foods that bother my pouch, though.  The most notable is apple skins. If I peel the apple, I am fine.

Salad and potatoes will probably not be on your food plan for a number of months post-op, though.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

rynbiz
on 3/24/13 5:33 am - Surprise, AZ

Your taste buds will change after surgery used to eat salad all the time now I eat it once in a whileI  add chicken because post op protein is the most important

rynbiz
on 3/24/13 5:49 am - Surprise, AZ

oh and potatos are a no go they expand in your stomach and you have to take care of your pouch

tparham1
on 3/25/13 7:01 am - Royal Oak, MI

I love salads but for some reason they don't agree with me at all after surgery, someone told me it's a slider food and doesn't stay in our pouch so why bother, for me it causes severe cramping and bathroom trips all night long :(

Most Active
Recent Topics