Sick to stomach after drinking ensure

Kenni
on 3/27/13 11:31 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 04/10/13
I am on my first day of my two week liquid diet.

I've had three ensure high protein shakes today, and the last two have made me feel very sick to my stomach. I sort of feel like I am gong to vomit, but gassy and ugh!

I've done a little research with not much coming up. The only thing I have found is that people who are lactose intolerant feel sick after drinking ensure. I am definitely not lactose intolerant!

Has anyone else experienced this? I dont know how I will make it though 13 more days of this!!

http://chunkygirlkendra.blogspot.ca           

Surgery date: April 10, 2012    

Starting Weight: 386.0
Surgery Weight: 329.0

poet_kelly
on 3/27/13 11:33 am - OH

I've tasted Ensure and think it's gross.

I would try a different protein drink.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Guera84
on 3/27/13 11:42 am - CA

Im doing the Bariatric Advantage and it does the same thing to me and im on day 4 and its getting a lil better. was thinking it was my body detoxing or withdrawing but IDK im with you hope this stops!!

Follow my journey @ http://brievasquez.blogspot.com    

HW: 260 / SW: 255.6 / CW:169 / GW: 120 / RNY 4/8/13  

whitetigress2011
on 3/27/13 11:51 am - CA

What is the sugar content on them. I tried boost and it was overly sweet and came to find out it had 20+ grams of sugar per bottle and made me sick as a dog.

Allen Y.
on 3/27/13 12:59 pm - Garland, TX

My doctor advised agaist both BOOST and Ensure. If you can't stand any taste of whey protein try one that is 100% eggwhite based. You do have to keep that stuff refrigerated though. 

chickenoregg
on 3/27/13 2:46 pm - Portland, OR
RNY on 02/26/13
Maybe you're sensitive to soy, artificial sweetener, or another ingredient?

Surgery (RNY) scheduled for Feb 26, 2013

Katie K.
on 3/27/13 6:26 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
I drank the Atkins shakes for breakfast for years. Low sugar, and they taste like chocolate milk. They have several flavors. I do NOT recommend vanilla.
Tammy S.
on 3/27/13 8:06 pm - DE
I thought the pre mixed drinks that I tried were very sweet and made ne nauseous. I added skim milk to them and they went down much easier....

angeleigh
on 3/27/13 8:52 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

I tried those once, and man they where not fun. I personally did the slim fast low carb shakes, and the gnc lean shakes for my pre-op diet. The sugar in them shouldnt be a big deal but chances are its the nausea is from the lack of normal food. It gets better after day 3-4.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 3/27/13 9:58 pm
RNY on 09/17/12

I tried several before I found the one I could tolerate.  I went with the GNC Lean 25 (think that's what it's called).  I'm 6mths out now and let me tell you....these 2wks and the 2wks after are THE hardest.  You are probably just sick because you haven't had any food. You will more than likely get dizzy too...and cranky.  Just give it about 4 days and it will let up...not gonna say it's going to be a piece of cake, but it will get easier.  Now, I couldn't go 2wks on liquid only so I was allowed to eat one HIGH protein meal a day which usually consisted of a chicken breast...that's it.  But,ohhh, what a glorious chicken breast it was LOL.  Hang in there, this too shall pass and be a distant memory.  Good luck!

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 400 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 390 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 280 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 327 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?