Too soon

Boo.3
on 4/13/13 9:40 am
RNY on 04/08/13

My surgery was Monday.  I think I thought I would bounce back earlier.  I had planned to return to work on Monday, but now have second thoughts.  Is that too soon? My work requires no physical  - just management.  

Jenn S.
on 4/13/13 10:25 am - Boise, ID
RNY on 06/16/14

Listen to your body.  If you think you need additional time at home I would take it if you can.

Can you telecommute?  I have not had my surgery yet, but I have the option to telecommute. If I am unable to go back into the office as soon as I'd like, I will just work from home. This will allow me to rest when I need to and still keep an eye on things. 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/13/13 10:33 am - OH

Even with a sitting job, you have had major internal surgery and going back to work in a week is really pushing it.  Trust yourself.  If it seems like too soon, it is.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

leadnur
on 4/13/13 10:42 am

I thought the same thing, but it took me 3 weeks just to get a routine going...take the time!

JJ_
on 4/13/13 11:06 am

Being upright post-surgery is being physical.  Your body will be tired and you will need the rest.  Being management may not mean that you need to lift and carry heavy stuff, but you do need the stamina for sitting through meetings, etc. 

Personally I was off on 4 weeks sick leave and I took 4 weeks vacation leave right after.  I found it best to have had the time to recover, get into my routine of the varying phases of eating, taking vitamins and ensuring that i had drank enough fluids.

Good luck in your decision.

Judy

nataliep
on 4/13/13 12:04 pm
RNY on 02/20/13

I had my surgery on 2/20/13 and went back to work at 2.5 weeks.  It was too early.  My job is very flexible, management, sitting at a desk, and walking around.  I had a hard time getting all my fluids in and needed IV fluids by day 4, and again 2 weeks later.  I would take the time you need, get a schedule going and make sure you are getting in your fluids and protein.

MrsLitch
on 4/13/13 12:04 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
I only took a week off was very tired that first week back took a nap as soon as I got home every day. Left early one day. Are you able to leave early if needed? I should have taken 2 weeks but didn't have time saved.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 290 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 296 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 287 views