what diet were you on a week after surgery?

Kat1313
on 4/16/13 2:36 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

I'm one week out from surgery.  Was on clear liquids in the hospital.  On full liquids for the two weeks until my post op check up appointment.  These include all clear liquids, plus yogurt, SF pudding, SF popsicles, creamed soups, milk, protein drinks.  I'll be very glad to get through this next week, as I'm truly sick of the protein drinks....the sweetness is getting to me.  I've also tried adding unflavored protein powder to soups, broths, and decaf coffee - some of that has worked out well, some not so much.  It's time for "lunch" and I've been sitting here for a while trying to talk myself into another sweet shake. 

Hopefully you'll be moved to full liquids at your check up.

tarsanne
on 4/16/13 2:56 am - MO
I am one week post op today. I had to do liquids til today, now I start puréed for the next 2 weeks. I can have sf pudding, cottage cheese, cream of wheat, oatmeal, ff refried beans, yogurt, mashed potatoes etc... I haven't felt hungry at all yet.
(deactivated member)
on 4/16/13 3:04 am
RNY on 04/18/12

I was on pureed foods the day after surgery.  

Neen L.
on 4/16/13 4:21 am - Arlington, VA

I was on clear liquids for a week, then full liquids for two weeks, and then pureed or soft foods for a month. We got creative so it wasn't too terrible, but I was certainly happy to get to the phase where I could re-add some toothier things into my diet.

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

bpena1986
on 4/16/13 10:58 am

I was on clear liquid diet for the first 4-5 days, then 2 weeks of full liquid diet, then I was able to start pureed diet which I am still currently on :) 

aesposito
on 4/16/13 11:00 am

I was on puree the day I got home.

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 461 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 471 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 354 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 50 views
Recent Topics