OT scrubs question again....

grmadeb01
on 4/17/13 12:46 pm - FL

for those of you that wear them, I have to wear them for my massage thearpy school...it is very HOT in the room while we are massaging the clients...so my question is this....the sleeves of my tops, can i fringe them or will they ravel? i was thinking about just taking off the sleeves totally and making it some what of a tank..but not sure how that would work either...

anyone cut their scrubs, do they fray?? and unravel type??

thanks for the help

debby

cymbalom
on 4/17/13 12:56 pm
Wouldn't that be considered kind of unprofessional?

Angie
JaneJetson60
on 4/17/13 8:31 pm
RNY on 05/07/12

Generally, while you are in any school like that you will have to adhere to the dress code and I personally don't see them allowing that.  You need to check with them. Did you receive a booklet prior regarding rules and regulations?  Usually the specifics of the dress codes are in there.  To shred or make into a tank top would be highly unprofessional.   Jane

bubbylucy
on 4/17/13 10:56 pm - Raleigh, NC

The sleeves are really short on scrub tops anyway, I dont think cutting them will make you any cooler. There are scrub capris and skirts maybe that would help. Or you can find people who make custom srubs in a lighter fabric.

Audra

Eva1230
on 4/18/13 12:30 am
Try a different type of material. I get hot easily too and I work in LTC as a nurse.

I do not wear anything that isn't soft or breathable