Five day countdown

LittleRedAries
on 4/19/13 6:16 am - Uxbridge, MA
RNY on 04/24/13

Okay, time to bite the bullet lol.  My surgery is coming up next Wednesday, April 24th, and I'm not really sure what to think other than being scared to death of the surgery itself, and the post-op blood clot issue and getting enough protein in.  I'm doing this for health reasons, and yeah, I'd love to be a lot lighter than I am right now, although, people tell me at 5'0" and 205, I'm on the "small" side for this surgery.  I'm having the RNY, and they are removing my gallbladder because I have a polyp on it.  Is it me, or have some/all of you felt these mixed emotions?  Would love your input.  Thanks.

Misty Morgan
on 4/19/13 7:00 am - Goshen , OH
RNY on 04/24/13
Mines also on the 24th and I go back and forth between excited and nervous! Completely normal I assume.

Kat1313
on 4/19/13 7:30 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

I think everybody goes through this - I know I did.  I don't think it would be normal not to be concerned about the risks of surgery, but statistically this is a pretty safe surgery.  You will do fine!

maryottawa
on 4/19/13 8:09 am - Canada
I think is normal feel, my day is may 2 and i am scary toó. Positive mind

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

JaneJetson60
on 4/19/13 8:49 am
RNY on 05/07/12

He there, LittleRedAries, here is the good part.  You will have your GB out at the same time and never have to worry a few months out about turning around again and going back into surgery for this.  I had mine out last May the same time and I will never know if I felt any different after the surgery as far as discomfort.  So normal to be scared. I changed my mind and cried and worried and finally got some Xanax from my PCP the week before surgery because of my level of being the number one worrier on the planet and I was 59 years old!   I had never had surgery and afraid of being put out.  Listen, your doctors are some of the best teams around and they will be looking over you every second while you are in the OR.  The anethesiologist is literally sitting by your head monitoring all your vitals and machines.  He is really your most important doctor in the room!  These poor Dr.'s never get much recognition yet they are the one's keeping an eye on you EVERY SINGLE SECOND!!!!!  Not that your surgeon isn't important My cousin is an anethesiologist so he really helped calm me there by telling me this.  Look, getting your protein in takes time what is really the most important is getting your fluids in.  No one ends up in the hospital from not getting all their protein in right away, but you can get dehydrated REAL quick if you don't drink. We have so many great vets on here that will help you with any question you have, also some of that are not and some that are Newbies such as yourself! Please know we are here for you 24/7 and post whenever and however much you need to before and after surgery.  If you have personal questions and don't feel comfortable posting, you can can private message any of us anytime.  Keep in touch, ok????  Take care.  Jane

The_girl_next_door
on 4/19/13 12:00 pm
Hello! My surgery date is april 25. Just take a deep breath. My thoughts are that I have done my research, asked all my questions, and I believe my surgeon is the best. There may be a few bumps along the way, I am not nieve. The rest is God's will. Sending prayers your way!