1 day post op!

claudia_xo
on 4/24/13 11:36 pm - FL
Hello friends!
I'm here laying in my hospital bed feeling a lot better than I did yesterday. Just had my swallow test so soon ill be sip sip sipping.
On another note these gas pains are no joke!
Thank you all for the support. Ill keep y'all posted on my recovery
dahoodman
on 4/24/13 11:45 pm - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

I think the gas/bloat was the worst part. Once I started "deflating" I felt so much better. Walking will that a lot too. If you start feeling nauseous, make sure you tell your nurse right away. They can give you meds for that. There is no pain like the pain of dry heaving on a cut up stomach, intestine, and chest. Oh that hurt!!!

Make sure you stay on those nurses with your pain meds if you start taking them orally and don't be afraid to point out a nurse that is not doing his/her job very well. Everyone has a bad day and sometimes it reflects on your care unfortunately.

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week

glad2balive
on 4/25/13 12:29 am

Congrats! I am glad all is well. The gas will pass with walking. GOOD LUCK and welcome to the loser's bench! KEEP US UPDATED & REMEMBER TO DRINK!

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

karenp8
on 4/25/13 2:45 am - Brighton, IL

Glad to hear you are doing well. Keep walking and sipping and you will do well. Welcome to the loser's bench!

MrsLitch
on 4/25/13 4:41 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
Congrats. The gas was no joke for me either, gas x strips were my saving grace.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

mussit64
on 4/25/13 7:21 am - Panama City , FL
RNY on 04/18/13

Glad it went well for you... I am 8 days post op and still having problems with the gas.... Gets right in my left rib...

Speedy Recovery

Andrea