Scared ****less now!

RainbowRN
on 4/27/13 11:14 pm - OH
RNY on 03/12/13

So I was doing a little more research on RNY post op and I found a few interesting things.  I found an entire site of people who complained that they had RNY to lose weight but really aren't losing anything.  Most of them say that they lost 30-40 pounds and then that was it.  They never lost anymore.  They weren't lightweights either.  This kinda scares me , I'm not gonna lie.   They are all complaining that the surgery did not work for them.   Several of the women have PCOS and they say that weight loss is harder if you have PCOS.  Well, I have PCOS and I was never told this bit of information!  I was told that the surgery would improve my PCOS.  They claim that they follow their MD's plans but it makes you wonder.   Does anyone know of anyone that surgery did not work for? I would be interested to hear a few stories! Thanks everyone! 

HW: 373 GW: 170 HT: 5'10"

sugarbabyhoneypump
kin

on 4/27/13 11:19 pm - IN

Girl, stop Googling stuff! You're fine.

~~Sonya~~
(Roux-en-y 07/05/2012) Heighest Weight/Surgery Day Weight 240lbs     
RainbowRN
on 4/27/13 11:25 pm - OH
RNY on 03/12/13

LOL!!  Google will be the end of me!  :)

HW: 373 GW: 170 HT: 5'10"

sugarbabyhoneypump
kin

on 4/27/13 11:56 pm, edited 4/27/13 11:58 pm - IN

I think we (us?) nurses are the WORST like that.  You ever taken care of a really old nurse? Convinced she has SARS, E Bola, mad cow disease or some **** like that when it's really seasonal allergies.  Everybody else is going to be fine though.

~~Sonya~~
(Roux-en-y 07/05/2012) Heighest Weight/Surgery Day Weight 240lbs     
JaneJetson60
on 4/28/13 2:34 am
RNY on 05/07/12

OMG how true!  I worked in radiology when I was a young woman and by the time I had been in the department for 4 years I was convince I had bone cancer, GB disease, colon cancer OMG  Hahahahah!  In all seriousness, being in the medical field can actually be more difficult because you learn and see alot and then comes the self-diagnosing.  Like everyone has said here, you have to quit googling.  If you look long and hard enough on Google you will find that Gastric Bypass causes your skin to turn green and you grow a new set of eyes on your butt which wont but nice when you sit, but at least you can see where you have been!

Everyone has given great posts here and if you are working your program it's going to work.  Jane

dahoodman
on 4/27/13 11:58 pm - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

Before surgery and some pre-op clearances, like endoscopy, I was googling and youtubing everything. I was so damn nervous with my endoscopy and the nurse was having a hell of time with trying to get me to calm down and she asked what was wrong. I told her that I had been watching some online and she told me to stop watching videos and googling stuff online. I finally did quit other than coming on OH and I was getting much less nervous. I also made it my goal to not read the negative to very negative posts and just look at the people's profiles that responded with logical and good responses. I would read their entire blogs about their pre and post surgery experiences and the challenges they faced and what they did to overcome them. If you keep reading about all the failures you will scare yourself silly.

If you started a forum for "people who have automobile problems" you'd have millions of people on there complaining night and day and if you were going to buy your very first car and started at that forum to make your decision, you'd never buy one. Yes there are a lot of people that have issues and success issues and they post that stuff all over the place "warning" others not to do it. But what you don't see are the millions of success stories. On the OH board there are a lot more people that post about their problems than there are people who post about their success. A lot of the successful people just don't "have time" to post on any forums, but people with problems have nothing but time to do it. Not that it's a bad thing. It is probably a good part of why this forum was developed and continues to be successful.

I am staying away from unsuccessful people and writing my own success story. YOU control your destiny now with this surgery. It will work if YOU make it work.

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week

LadyLilMax
on 4/28/13 1:16 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

What Paul said in spades!  He is like a Yoda to me to listen to this very wise young man!

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

dahoodman
on 4/28/13 2:41 am - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

I might have to change my avatar!!

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week

JaneJetson60
on 4/28/13 3:42 am
RNY on 05/07/12

Change it to Yoda!!!!!! Love Star Wars and anything related to it.   Jane

LadyLilMax
on 4/28/13 9:17 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

LOL... now you are talking! 

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?