strange hair question, does it hurt before it starts to fall out?

daniaj
on 4/28/13 5:19 pm - OR

I've purposed kept my very hair short knowing from my past Weigh****chers experience that I'll probably lose some hair. I'm 2 1/2 months out and timing sounds about right at three months but I don't recall my scalp actually being sensitive like it is now.

Anyone have any issues with a sensitive scalp? Could it be the onset of hair loss or perhaps something else? I'm very good on my vitamins, liquids, and protein. I have noticed that I'm eating very few carbs but I don't know if that would have anything to do with hair....

RNY 02/14/13 - HW 268 - SW 252 - CW 146 - GW 140 - 5' 9"

poet_kelly
on 4/28/13 7:56 pm - OH

No, it doesn't usually hurt.  I'm not sure what would cause your scalp to be more sensitive than normal.  If it's bothering you a lot, I would talk to your doc.  If it's just a little sensitive, I probably wouldn't worry.  Do you notice more sensitive skin anywhere else?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Lessoflinda
on 4/28/13 8:24 pm - NY

I thought that mine was while I was losing hair... not sure if it was related at all after reading Kelly's post.  My sister who lost most of her hair from chemo also complained of sensitive/sore (as if you had your hair pulled back in a tight pony tail all day) scalp as she was losing hair?  I am 1 week shy of 6 months and am still losing... lucky that I had a lot of hair to begin with, but, you can definitely see my scalp.  Lot's of tiny hairs growing in.... have kept mine longer, only because with it longer I do not have to blow dry and can pull it up or back.  Eventually I'll have to cut it though....

Linda, Endwell, NY RNY 11/5/12

JJ_
on 4/28/13 9:27 pm

It did not hurt physically.  I did not experience a sensitive scalp or skin elsewhere.  It does hurt to see that much hair coming off of your head.  I had my hairdresser recommend that I add layers to my hair to give it a look of volume.  Which definitely helped.  The hair loss slowed down again about 8 months post-op.  Since then I have regrown my hair and it is just above my shoulders all the same length.  No adverse affects.

Judy

ShadeMcG
on 4/28/13 10:09 pm
RNY on 11/04/12
My scalp was sensitive. Like when you wear a hair band too tight or too long.
daniaj
on 4/28/13 10:26 pm - OR

It is strange and yes, it feels like I released a really tight pony tail. Thanks for the feedback.

RNY 02/14/13 - HW 268 - SW 252 - CW 146 - GW 140 - 5' 9"

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?